Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275087 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #300: September 11, 2011, 08:48:16 AM »
Actually we got hit with TMP about a week after that battle - right now we're not suffering TMP because we're TO'ing those regions around Madina.   We lost probably 1500-2000CS from TMP.

I think Aurvandil is hitting monsters and probably avoided TMP from taking over the townsland region they just got.

TMP hitting realms at war... go figure.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #301: September 11, 2011, 10:50:56 AM »

Yeah why hasn't it been tweaked already?
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #302: September 11, 2011, 01:21:54 PM »
Yeah why hasn't it been tweaked already?

I think Chénier means "why are they not fighting", which is why we're getting TMP. We may be at war, but when you don't actually kill your enemy, your soldiers get bored :P

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #303: September 11, 2011, 01:27:02 PM »
I think Chénier means "why are they not fighting", which is why we're getting TMP. We may be at war, but when you don't actually kill your enemy, your soldiers get bored :P

It's not only that. Madina and Aurvandil seem to be really at war. This is not some sort of mock-up war to avoid TMP. Yet, by doing what they think is best to win the war, those realm get hit by TMP. This means there is something wrong with TMP.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #304: September 11, 2011, 01:39:35 PM »
It's not only that. Madina and Aurvandil seem to be really at war. This is not some sort of mock-up war to avoid TMP. Yet, by doing what they think is best to win the war, those realm get hit by TMP. This means there is something wrong with TMP.

+ 10000
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #305: September 11, 2011, 01:42:35 PM »

Indeed. TMP and Dwilight just can't go together in my opinion.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #306: September 11, 2011, 02:23:48 PM »
Indeed. TMP and Dwilight just can't go together in my opinion.

Yet. Realms just need to mature a bit more and things will settle down.

The main reason we're not fighting is because our capitals are right next to each other over a sea route. Sure, either side could throw men against the walls, but the other side would win spectacularly and then march on their enemy's capital whilst the others limp home. It's pretty stalemated and soldiers find that boring, they want their rulers to do something about it now. It'll all be solved when Madina or Aurvandil get siege engines and dare to attack, which will be soon.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #307: September 11, 2011, 03:44:15 PM »

They've been staring at each other for weeks and weeks, not fighting.

The main roleplaying these days in Madina is roughly, "Sorry, boys, we know you're incredibly bored..just hang in there"

This is EXACTLY what TMP is about. You should join the realms in question before offering such strong opinions on the matter.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #308: September 11, 2011, 04:38:36 PM »
The main roleplaying these days in Madina is roughly, "Sorry, boys, we know you're incredibly bored..just hang in there"

Indeed, starting to get fairly repetitive but very little we can do right now. We're moving a few of the newer nobles into the "conquer Madina isle" army to give them some action whilst us older fellows who realise this is the calm before the storm can sit in The Tower and twiddle our thumbs.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #309: September 11, 2011, 06:42:43 PM »
I did see reports not *that* long ago of the two fighting...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #310: September 11, 2011, 07:19:44 PM »
that "huge" battle in the tower was 23 days ago
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #311: September 11, 2011, 08:28:22 PM »
that "huge" battle in the tower was 23 days ago

Seems like yesterday.

egamma

« Reply #312: September 11, 2011, 08:39:38 PM »
Seems like yesterday.

That's the funny thing about this game...time just flies.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #313: September 11, 2011, 08:40:59 PM »
That's the funny thing about this game...time just flies.

Especially when you aren't expecting anything.

Other than food shipments, that is, which come slowly and over which you have limited control. Just cruisin' in the eye of the hurricane.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #314: September 12, 2011, 06:55:21 PM »
Especially when you aren't expecting anything.

Other than food shipments, that is, which come slowly and over which you have limited control. Just cruisin' in the eye of the hurricane.

TMP is getting so annoying for Terran, that I'm borderline thinking we should send armies south to interfere in the Madinan civil war, just so we can get rid of TMP.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner