Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275122 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #345: September 13, 2011, 02:13:47 PM »
Distance from capital. Poor Asylon and its unattainable ambitions  :o
Asylon to Terran or D'Hara isn't that far. Should be easy.

Asylon to Aurvandil is harder, but should still be workable for experienced players/nobles with enough gold.

Not that I think Asylon is rich/powerful enough to pull it off.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: September 13, 2011, 02:17:05 PM »
Or I just let it starve and don't deal with you greedy bastards.

Port Nebel can't keep itself under control, but being the capital, and being a priest/ambassador with capped oratory skill, I've kept Paisly at premium stats despite multiple days of starvation (not 100%, but still pretty high, nowhere near 1%). I can live with having a few peasants die to ignore opportunists. It's not as if Madina is our only source of food, after all, and it's not as if you guys don't need our trade gold either for your war.

Indeed, it would give us an excuse to side with Aurvandil in order to better secure your food stocks.

Where Greedy? look what you just wrote! :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #347: September 13, 2011, 07:35:13 PM »
Or I just let it starve and don't deal with you greedy bastards.
It's not as if Madina is our only source of food, after all, and it's not as if you guys don't need our trade gold either for your war.

Hey now, getting gold out of Halicos to fund the war is like trying to pull teeth outta a live croc - you're more likely to lose a limb then get what you're after.

Gold to Halicos ain't funding our war effort at all :P  Just his personal stockpile for that super huge unit he's gonna round up one day.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: September 13, 2011, 08:00:53 PM »
Where Greedy? look what you just wrote! :P

We already offer the best prices of the human realms. As far as I know, we were the firsts to do so, and did so without having our arms twisted.

That's not greed, that's pride.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #349: September 13, 2011, 08:16:52 PM »
Thats cold man....

Can we just invade D'hara already? constant drain on universal food with their excess cities that they cannot feed....

Funny how people say we have excess cities, and then happily sell us their excess food for 50 gold per 100 bushels. The only responses I ever get are:
  • "Well yes, we would love to have the gold produced by your cities. Here, take our food!
  • "Sorry, we don't have any excess food.

I've never had someone say "Well, I would love your gold, and I have all this excess food, but I just don't feel like selling it to you."

D'Hara could field massive armies if we could just keep our people fed. We could become a mercenary nation that gets paid in food instead of gold!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 08:21:39 PM by egamma »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350: September 13, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »
D'Hara could field massive armies if we could just keep our people fed.
"If we weren't so weak, we'd be strong!"
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #351: September 13, 2011, 08:39:49 PM »
haha +1, exactly.

D'harans...
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #352: September 13, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
Funny how people say we have excess cities, and then happily sell us their excess food for 50 gold per 100 bushels. The only responses I ever get are:
  • "Well yes, we would love to have the gold produced by your cities. Here, take our food!
  • "Sorry, we don't have any excess food.

I've never had someone say "Well, I would love your gold, and I have all this excess food, but I just don't feel like selling it to you."

D'Hara could field massive armies if we could just keep our people fed. We could become a mercenary nation that gets paid in food instead of gold!

Pfft I once considered selling my 1000 bushels of excess to D'hara... then I thought Na, would rather they starve so I can invade them easier ;)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

egamma

« Reply #353: September 13, 2011, 11:08:39 PM »

What I mean is, if someone wanted a centrally located army to attack someone else, D'Hara could very well be interested in such an arrangement. We need food, and we need war.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #354: September 13, 2011, 11:12:57 PM »
What I mean is, if someone wanted a centrally located army to attack someone else, D'Hara could very well be interested in such an arrangement. We need food, and we need war.

Perhaps you need a sign, tastefully written in permanent marker on a piece of stained cardboard:

"Will pillage for food"

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #355: September 14, 2011, 12:23:24 AM »
Why not threaten Madina? "Sell us food or we will invade you!;)
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #356: September 14, 2011, 01:16:36 AM »
Just his personal stockpile for that super huge unit he's gonna round up one day.

Did I not mention the 500 gold he spent on archers just before the attack on Candiels? That was fun. Recruited everything, then forgot I couldn't get to Candiels in a turn - best way to waste 500 gold ever! :P

egamma

« Reply #357: September 14, 2011, 04:50:26 AM »
Perhaps you need a sign, tastefully written in permanent marker on a piece of stained cardboard:

"Will pillage for food"

Excellent! Or, we could offer "protection" to Madina and Auvrandil--"okay, whoever agrees to sell us more food gets our protection, whoever sells us less food...needs protection."

Then, we can walk down the streets of Paisly with our boomboxes on our shoulders and with our hats on sideways.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #358: September 15, 2011, 01:06:57 AM »
Then, we can walk down the streets of Paisly with our boomboxes on our shoulders and with our hats on sideways.

This conversation is taking a very suspicious turn...  ::)
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #359: September 15, 2011, 04:02:37 AM »
Excellent! Or, we could offer "protection" to Madina and Auvrandil--"okay, whoever agrees to sell us more food gets our protection, whoever sells us less food...needs protection."

Or you can just starve and die like you are..
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)