Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275057 times)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #465: September 27, 2011, 06:58:29 AM »
I don't understand. What were they unhappy about if they were selling food all along?

. . .

You got me :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #466: September 27, 2011, 07:01:47 AM »
. . .

You got me :)

I'm actually quite certain that they were complaining about food being too expensive therefore Candiels was starving. Therefore, they were a new importer at the time...?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #467: September 27, 2011, 07:47:31 AM »
I'm actually quite certain that they were complaining about food being too expensive therefore Candiels was starving. Therefore, they were a new importer at the time...?

Ah.   Well.  Now you have the right question.

If the Lords who went with Mendicant were already selling food, and Mendicant was unable to buy food. . .where did his money go?

Oh wait - he conquered 3-4 regions before he defected. . . could be where the money was going :D

His "the city was starving" was a BS excuse, always was.  There was plenty of food at cheap prices.  He just never bought any.  Hell I sat in Candiels for a week with 200 bushels and he never opened the market for me :P

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #468: September 27, 2011, 07:51:41 AM »
Let me be even more concise.

Rumours (ooc from one of our Lords since I can't actually SEE our food) has it that there is enough food in Madinan lands to make you pay us more than your region produces in one week and we'd still have surplus. :)

There is no possible way that guy could not find any bushels of food in 9 regions to buy.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #469: September 27, 2011, 08:08:33 AM »
Ah.   Well.  Now you have the right question.

If the Lords who went with Mendicant were already selling food, and Mendicant was unable to buy food. . .where did his money go?

Oh wait - he conquered 3-4 regions before he defected. . . could be where the money was going :D

His "the city was starving" was a BS excuse, always was.  There was plenty of food at cheap prices.  He just never bought any.  Hell I sat in Candiels for a week with 200 bushels and he never opened the market for me :P

In other words, his duchy produced food deficits, and then when he TOed 3-4 regions, he then produced surpluses?

I get that he wasn't buying the food because he was a cheapskate and not before it was unavailable, but I'm assuming here that the lords of his own duchy would be selling more cheaply to him to prevent starvation.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #470: September 27, 2011, 08:09:48 AM »
there is enough food in Madinan lands to make you pay us more than your region produces in one week and we'd still have surplus. :)

Ow great idea! lets go bug chenier and take all of it's income for a week!
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #471: September 27, 2011, 08:30:29 AM »
In other words, his duchy produced food deficits, and then when he TOed 3-4 regions, he then produced surpluses?

I get that he wasn't buying the food because he was a cheapskate and not before it was unavailable, but I'm assuming here that the lords of his own duchy would be selling more cheaply to him to prevent starvation.
Well, the city didn't have much of a population - barely a thousand or two.   So yea, a deficit cause it was a city.   But just Candiels fields alone should've fed it - I mean, the first time we took Candiels (when I was it's Duke, back in 2009/10) we never had problems with food, the Fields and Agl more than make up for Candiels at low population levels.    Really I enver figured out how that city starved - other than pure mismanagement.

Several Lords from our "inner" regions - Panabuk, Bol, etc were part of the Libero Rebellion group we took in -  those Lords should have been more than able to sell him cheap food at a low price before he even took over the Duchy regions.   They left on the "Madinan Lords let the city starve" excuse as well, despite having not sold him the food either apparently :P

And yes - obviously once he rebelled and the regions got food production up the city stopped starving.   

I assume they either work one of two ways - sell the food to Candiels, then ship extra back to you guys.  Or ship the food to Candiels, and the extra profit is spread out amongst those who need it.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #472: September 27, 2011, 08:32:25 AM »
Ow great idea! lets go bug chenier and take all of it's income for a week!

Gimme a day, I need some replies from people but yes ;)   Wouldn't it be fun to send 3-4 of our nobles up with caravans? :D  lol.  Or just offload it all to Abbot to sell?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #473: September 27, 2011, 08:35:47 AM »
Gimme a day, I need some replies from people but yes ;)   Wouldn't it be fun to send 3-4 of our nobles up with caravans? :D  lol.  Or just offload it all to Abbot to sell?

Deliver away. Whatever I buy now, I don't have to bother with later.

Kinda.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #474: September 27, 2011, 08:37:34 AM »

caravans would do the trick. now with automatic ones, Madina should be able to export much more.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #475: September 27, 2011, 08:54:03 AM »
caravans would do the trick. now with automatic ones, Madina should be able to export much more.

Think you can buy all Halicos's food and sell it to Paisly?   :D   Gonna make Chenier go bankrupt. . .

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #476: September 27, 2011, 09:21:16 AM »
Think you can buy all Halicos's food and sell it to Paisly?   :D   Gonna make Chenier go bankrupt. . .

i am going to buy every food in the south and send it inot one big caravan up there.
aaah, theres nothing better then !@#$ing around with chenier!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #477: September 27, 2011, 01:48:05 PM »

Try me. Sometimes, I sell some of my purchases to Port Raviel, since they aren't as much of a popular destination.

What's the worse that can happen? I already lost all my militia and infrastructure over a 50 gold debt, so bankruptcy isn't really a concern anymore.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #478: September 27, 2011, 02:28:59 PM »
Fatmilak:
Old stores:1405
Produced: 561
Now: 1966

Expected returns: 950 gold. Excuse me whilst Halicos creates a solid gold horse and then gathers some peasants to carry him on it making horse noises.

Apparently there are already caravans heading down to Fatmilak to gather it, but Halicos just poked the Duke of Paisly (our good friend Chénier) to make sure it all goes - Halicos really wants that horse :P

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #479: September 27, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »
Fatmilak:
Old stores:1405
Produced: 561
Now: 1966
According to the information I have, Fatmilak produces only 194 bushels.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar