Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275119 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #480: September 27, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »
According to the information I have, Fatmilak produces only 194 bushels.

Above average harvests and investments by Halicos should make up the rest of that.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #481: September 27, 2011, 06:14:58 PM »
Above average harvests and investments by Halicos should make up the rest of that.

You do know that food rots after time?
He better sell it, or it's a waste.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #482: September 27, 2011, 06:27:48 PM »
You do know that food rots after time?
He better sell it, or it's a waste.

Yeah, I know. I did forget how big a warehouse I have, which means 400 of that food is going to rot quite quickly, the rest of it at warehouse rates.

This was mainly an experiment that has gone a little wrong because I didn't think it through. The plan was to buy up everyone in Madina's food cheaply through Corin, he then sells it all to Fatmilak. Fatmilak then sells it on to the rest of the world. Doing the sums though, I've lost a ridiculous amount of gold. Food bought from Corin at 40 gold, food sold for 50 gold - seems profitable. Until I realise I only get 62% of that 50 gold, so I actually lose 9 gold on every trade. Plus the stuff that rots or is stolen by bandits. Halicos has already told Corin he isn't buying any more food from him for now, he didn't say why though - he's keeping that to himself. No wonder Corin jumped at the chance to do that, he's making (presumably) 10 gold on the sale, then another 19 gold on the sale from Fatmilak to other places.

Oh well, every marketeer loses cash at some point. Halicos will just have to start putting prices up if he gets a little cash strapped. Or he can just demand loads of gold from Corin, which is probably what will happen in a few weeks when nothing gets sold.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #483: September 27, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »
According to the information I have, Fatmilak produces only 194 bushels.

Yes. . . at 100%.

August Harvest, Bountiful Harvest.

Plus as Nathan said, hes been buying.

egamma

« Reply #484: September 27, 2011, 07:26:06 PM »
Yeah, I know. I did forget how big a warehouse I have, which means 400 of that food is going to rot quite quickly, the rest of it at warehouse rates.

This was mainly an experiment that has gone a little wrong because I didn't think it through. The plan was to buy up everyone in Madina's food cheaply through Corin, he then sells it all to Fatmilak. Fatmilak then sells it on to the rest of the world. Doing the sums though, I've lost a ridiculous amount of gold. Food bought from Corin at 40 gold, food sold for 50 gold - seems profitable. Until I realise I only get 62% of that 50 gold, so I actually lose 9 gold on every trade. Plus the stuff that rots or is stolen by bandits. Halicos has already told Corin he isn't buying any more food from him for now, he didn't say why though - he's keeping that to himself. No wonder Corin jumped at the chance to do that, he's making (presumably) 10 gold on the sale, then another 19 gold on the sale from Fatmilak to other places.

Oh well, every marketeer loses cash at some point. Halicos will just have to start putting prices up if he gets a little cash strapped. Or he can just demand loads of gold from Corin, which is probably what will happen in a few weeks when nothing gets sold.

You should have a buy order at 40 gold, that way it helps erase most of you trade balance.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #485: September 27, 2011, 08:02:57 PM »
You should have a buy order at 40 gold, that way it helps erase most of you trade balance.

It wasn't IG knowledge that this was happening so I didn't set a buy order until Corin was in the region and able to sell the food.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #486: September 27, 2011, 08:43:18 PM »
It wasn't IG knowledge that this was happening so I didn't set a buy order until Corin was in the region and able to sell the food.

Well, Vallyn just pushed part of his two-phase plan up a bit.

Halicos is either going to love it.

Or he's going to leave snakes in my bed next time I visit Fatmilak.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #487: September 27, 2011, 09:01:31 PM »
Solution: Don't visit Fatmilak!

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #488: September 27, 2011, 09:03:28 PM »
Solution: Don't visit Fatmilak!

indeed, come to Madina ;)
For obvious reasons.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #489: September 27, 2011, 09:14:46 PM »
indeed, come to Madina ;)
For obvious reasons.

So I can drink Abbots brandy for free? :D

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #490: September 27, 2011, 09:19:10 PM »
Well, Vallyn just pushed part of his two-phase plan up a bit.

Halicos is either going to love it.

Or he's going to leave snakes in my bed next time I visit Fatmilak.

As long as he gets that 80 gold you owe him, it's all good ;)

EDIT: Oh, that plan... He hates it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:22:25 PM by Nathan »

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #491: September 27, 2011, 10:10:28 PM »
As long as he gets that 80 gold you owe him, it's all good ;)

EDIT: Oh, that plan... He hates it.

Of course he does ;)

and it's 70 ;)  I already paid you 10 when I purchased the goods :D   70+10 . . .well there's your profit.  Though I'll have to do 75 cause of the way bonds work. . . oh well.  I'm sure Vallyn will use it as a bribe somehow. . .

It's a briliant plan too, thats what I hate.   I KNOW Halicos is gonna fight the whole way. 

Thankfully, I only need 7 votes. . .and I got 3 already :D

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #492: September 27, 2011, 10:15:10 PM »
omg where turning into Madinans our selves! endless talks about loans, gold food, trade, profits, jokes about booze and flatering our characters regions.
This topic is turning very boring from an objective view :P

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #493: September 27, 2011, 10:17:30 PM »
*waits for secession rumours* *whistles*

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #494: September 27, 2011, 10:35:13 PM »
and it's 70 ;)  I already paid you 10 when I purchased the goods :D   70+10 . . .well there's your profit.  Though I'll have to do 75 cause of the way bonds work. . . oh well.  I'm sure Vallyn will use it as a bribe somehow. . .

Oh yeah, silly me. You realise you only got that deal because Halicos likes Vallyn, right? :P 40 gold is a ridiculously low amount to sell for!

Thankfully, I only need 7 votes. . .and I got 3 already :D

I was surprised you got that extra one, Halicos needs to work harder it seems :(

*waits for secession rumours* *whistles*

It crossed my mind, but then Halicos isn't on those kinda terms with the Duke of Tower Fatmilak. Plus we don't have good enough recruitment centres and Halicos refuses to build any.