Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275104 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #525: September 29, 2011, 10:34:53 PM »
Why is not an option, you can attack Aurvendil or Madina, there both busy with each other, perhaps lurians would even join the fun, then you could loot them too.

Loot Lurians? As if.

As for Aurvandil or Madina, why? They are both selling to us. Yea, it costs gold, but that also means we don't have to pay for any soldiers. So why risk ourselves in a war that could escalate?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #526: September 29, 2011, 10:50:16 PM »
Loot Lurians? As if.

As for Aurvandil or Madina, why? They are both selling to us. Yea, it costs gold, but that also means we don't have to pay for any soldiers. So why risk ourselves in a war that could escalate?

I'm with Chenier on this one - D'Hara profits more from the Madina/Aurvandil war than anyone else, they have a vested interest in keeping neutral.   Bad business for them.

Once this whole thing is resolved it's gong to end up the South selling food to D'Hara, who then uses what they need, and then resells to the North-Western regions by Terran for profit :D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #527: September 29, 2011, 11:15:22 PM »
I'm with Chenier on this one - D'Hara profits more from the Madina/Aurvandil war than anyone else, they have a vested interest in keeping neutral.   Bad business for them.

Once this whole thing is resolved it's gong to end up the South selling food to D'Hara, who then uses what they need, and then resells to the North-Western regions by Terran for profit :D

Zuma aside, I'm not away of anyone who would really need to buy food off of us.

And I doubt the Zuma's needs are considerable.

We'll likely just end up sitting on a ton of food, and then force food prices to go down.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #528: September 29, 2011, 11:21:54 PM »
your part of an aliance right? and that alliance suports aurvendil, D'hara is neutral but the federation its part of is not.
I think that will eventually lead to trouble anyway, or atleast if it escalates further.
So why not just start now? :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #529: September 29, 2011, 11:24:10 PM »
your part of an aliance right? and that alliance suports aurvendil, D'hara is neutral but the federation its part of is not.
I think that will eventually lead to trouble anyway, or atleast if it escalates further.

No.

Barca is pro-Aurvandil.

That is all.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #530: September 29, 2011, 11:24:51 PM »

Barca are close allies, but so is Fissoa. Caerwyn were friends too.

So meh.

egamma

« Reply #531: September 29, 2011, 11:27:21 PM »

the Moot does not officially support either side of the war.

i. At least 10 days prior to the formation of any alliance or federation beyond this one, and similarly prior to the declaration of any war on a non-signing power, a signing realm of this treaty must notify the other parties through official diplomatic channels, and through the eldership of the Véinsørmoot.

ii. Any signing power has the right to form treaties, alliances, and declarations with, concerning, and against non-signing powers, provided they do not conflict with this agreement. Such agreements are not subject to the review of other signing powers. Advance notice must be given, however, as outlined in i).

Aurvrandil cannot join the Moot because of this provision:
i. No realm shall be admitted to this agreement which has not adopted a republican style of governance.

Madina cannot join the Moot because of this provision:
iv. No realm may be admitted to this agreement unless it has at least 1 city or stronghold within Maroccidens or Mesoccidens, meaning that Asylon and Aurvandil could be eligible, but Caerwyn and Madina are not, as of the date of this treaty's drafting.

Of course, if Madina takes Candiels, then that changes. Or, if Aurvrandil becomes a republic.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #532: September 29, 2011, 11:30:38 PM »
Or, if Aurvrandil becomes a republic.

that be funny, probabaly also will ake peace with Madina somehwere a posibility.
If it includes Mendicant in a package.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #533: September 29, 2011, 11:52:10 PM »

That is grossly oversimplified.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

egamma

« Reply #534: September 30, 2011, 12:12:04 AM »

It's completely incorrect. The Moot treaty has no provision for jointly declaring an offensive war.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #535: September 30, 2011, 05:31:26 AM »

The stuff he says on dwilight is grossly oversimplified, too. Mostly OOC stuff, he has yet to capture me for more than 2 days
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #536: September 30, 2011, 08:19:39 AM »

Of course it is.

Barca has a crush on Aurvandil, I mean they really love Mendicant deep down.

Terran, just is bored and wants something to do - they'd probably swing either way so long as it got them a fight.

D'Hara just wants food - Aurvandil Food, Madinan Food, Zuma Food - so long as you give them food they like you.

Aurvandil <--> Barca  <--- Terran --->  D'Hara  ----> Madina

Why Barca is so chummy with Aurvandil is completely beyond me - Aurvandil really only has one way to expand, through Barca.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #537: September 30, 2011, 11:12:13 AM »
Why Barca is so chummy with Aurvandil is completely beyond me - Aurvandil really only has one way to expand, through Barca.

Not if Madina falls  ;)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #538: September 30, 2011, 01:46:23 PM »
Of course it is.

Barca has a crush on Aurvandil, I mean they really love Mendicant deep down.

Terran, just is bored and wants something to do - they'd probably swing either way so long as it got them a fight.

D'Hara just wants food - Aurvandil Food, Madinan Food, Zuma Food - so long as you give them food they like you.

Aurvandil <--> Barca  <--- Terran --->  D'Hara  ----> Madina

That's nonsense. Aurvandil can expand eastward plenty.  8)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #539: September 30, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »
That's nonsense. Aurvandil can expand eastward plenty.  8)

Meany, and there I was thinking you liked Madina :(

But they can definitely expand westwards. Nothing at all stopping them do that. Not human eating daimons who can make volcanoes explode, the sky turn to black and be in two places at the same time. Nope, I don't think there's anything there. So let Aurvandil expand west!