Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275923 times)

egamma

Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #540: September 30, 2011, 02:33:54 PM »
Meany, and there I was thinking you liked Madina :(

But they can definitely expand westwards. Nothing at all stopping them do that. Not human eating daimons who can make volcanoes explode, the sky turn to black and be in two places at the same time. Nope, I don't think there's anything there. So let Aurvandil expand west!

Barca has claim to the regions between Auvrandil and the Zuma.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #541: September 30, 2011, 05:07:34 PM »
Because Aurvandil realizes that having a good diplomatic stance with Barca and the 'Moot is a greater gain than trying to expand any further west. Rather use all our potential into breaking Tower Fatmilak and then taking that lil island as our prize.  :D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #542: September 30, 2011, 05:43:24 PM »
Aurvandil can easily keep Madina from attacking anything else than their fortified city, where they get a significant defensive bonus. A Barcan/Moot vs. Aurvandil war would not be the same at all, as all parties will have regions vulnerable to eachother.

And this, overall, is bad for food production.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #543: September 30, 2011, 05:57:38 PM »
Aurvandil can easily keep Madina from attacking anything else than their fortified city, where they get a significant defensive bonus. A Barcan/Moot vs. Aurvandil war would not be the same at all, as all parties will have regions vulnerable to eachother.

And this, overall, is bad for food production.

Someone should poke them to go to war then.

"I hear your other source of food has been burned to the ground. Well, moving caravans through there is certainly dangerous, perhaps I can sell you food for 75 gold per load?"

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #544: September 30, 2011, 06:07:46 PM »
Someone should poke them to go to war then.

Terran is pretty anti-war when I was there. They fought rogues, but had no intentions whatsoever to join either side of the war. I doubt you could "poke" them into a war. Maybe a Pearl-Harbor in D'Hara could start something. ???
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #545: September 30, 2011, 06:39:45 PM »
Terran is pretty anti-war when I was there. They fought rogues, but had no intentions whatsoever to join either side of the war. I doubt you could "poke" them into a war. Maybe a Pearl-Harbor in D'Hara could start something. ???

indeed by the ever expanding and extremely threatening japane... i mean lurian empire.

USA was also a sleeping giant at that time, very isolationist/conservative.

eventually some friction will escalate between Madina and some moot members and obviously it would hurt the relations between the moot and Madina.
You can't say they're actions are individual and at the same time claim to be part of some really close federation.
But the fun part is a possible involvement of lurians as well.
How can they keep standing by idly while a threatening force on the horizons grows and grows and far exceeds there powers.
If lurians keep fighting each other and the moot keeps growing stronger, the lurians will end up as the moots lap dog eventually.

Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #546: September 30, 2011, 06:50:26 PM »
indeed by the ever expanding and extremely threatening japane... i mean lurian empire.

USA was also a sleeping giant at that time, very isolationist/conservative.

eventually some friction will escalate between Madina and some moot members and obviously it would hurt the relations between the moot and Madina.
You can't say they're actions are individual and at the same time claim to be part of some really close federation.
How can they keep standing by idly while a threatening force on the horizons grows and grows and far exceeds there powers.
If lurians keep fighting each other and the moot keeps growing stronger, the lurians will end up as the moots lap dog eventually.

Lurian imperialism is our second favorite topic of discussion, after food security. We don't want war, but considering their historical attitude towards us, we wouldn't be the least surprised if they ever did attack.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #547: September 30, 2011, 07:18:16 PM »
Lurian imperialism is our second favorite topic of discussion, after food security. We don't want war, but considering their historical attitude towards us, we wouldn't be the least surprised if they ever did attack.

I think it could combined with the Madinan civil war be alot of fun.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #548: September 30, 2011, 07:20:39 PM »

Don't worry, Halicos wouldn't let the Lurians attack his most profitable realm. But don't think D'Hara can attack the Lurians, he sells food there too :P

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #549: September 30, 2011, 07:34:28 PM »
Really, the Madinan civil war is a funny thing for the Moot to argue about, because, in the long run, Luria is a MUCH bigger issue than Aurvandil or Madina, in terms of being a threat to the Moot.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #550: September 30, 2011, 07:35:52 PM »
And the biggest threat Madina/Aurvandil pose is probably not that they will attack the Moot, but that they will form excessively close ties with only one realm in the Moot, and thereby create division within the Moot.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #551: September 30, 2011, 07:38:04 PM »
And the biggest threat Madina/Aurvandil pose is probably not that they will attack the Moot, but that they will form excessively close ties with only one realm in the Moot, and thereby create division within the Moot.

damn, hes up to my master plan...

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #552: September 30, 2011, 08:04:21 PM »
damn, hes up to my master plan...

QUICK! Destroy all of the "We welcome our D'Haran brothers" posters so nobody suspects anything!

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #553: September 30, 2011, 08:22:05 PM »
QUICK! Destroy all of the "We welcome our D'Haran brothers" posters so nobody suspects anything!

Aw man.  I just finished making individual ones for all those food bushels we are selling them this winter :(

I even have a gold glittered one for Chenier!

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #554: September 30, 2011, 09:31:09 PM »

http://www.battlemaster.org/statistics.php?ShowWorld=8&Stat=RealmPlayers&simple=0&Show[]=17,35,3,15,33
http://www.battlemaster.org/statistics.php?ShowWorld=8&Stat=Regions&simple=0&Show[]=17,35,3,15,33
http://www.battlemaster.org/statistics.php?ShowWorld=8&Stat=Military&simple=0&Show[]=17,35,3,15,33
http://www.battlemaster.org/statistics.php?ShowWorld=8&Stat=Income&simple=0&Show[]=17,35,3,15,33
http://www.battlemaster.org/statistics.php?ShowWorld=8&Stat=Food&simple=0&Show[]=17,35,3,15,33

I have yet to find a single indicator showing the 'moot growing over the Lurias.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).