Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 276436 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #556: September 30, 2011, 09:44:27 PM »
I have yet to find a single indicator showing the 'moot growing over the Lurias.

If Luria keeps fighting itself.  Otherwise the situation is far more likely to go in the opposite direction.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #557: September 30, 2011, 09:56:02 PM »
You should copy the link of the image of your graph, not the webpage.
those don't work for us.

Players, Regions, Military, Income, Food.

If Luria keeps fighting itself.  Otherwise the situation is far more likely to go in the opposite direction.

True, though I was hinting that even with all the Lurian infighting (or perhaps because of it, after all it makes things more interesting than a political stagnation), the Lurian kingdoms are still growing in all aspects. Not less than the 'moot.
In any case, we shall hope no radical leader trigger some religious war or something. (winky wink)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #558: September 30, 2011, 10:18:58 PM »
In any case, we shall hope no radical leader trigger some religious war or something. (winky wink)

*Quietly shifts to the left and starts humming a tune entitled "Burn Heretics Burn, Doo doo do do doo doo"
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #559: September 30, 2011, 10:25:21 PM »

I'd like to see them reach Madina... I hear the quickest way is to come burning and pillaging through Aurvandil.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #560: October 02, 2011, 09:45:40 PM »
Will the conflict die down during the winter or are we  gonna see some risky winter operations?

also, im curious what the monster situation is like in Madina with the  whole island occupied?
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #561: October 03, 2011, 01:28:23 AM »
Will the conflict die down during the winter or are we  gonna see some risky winter operations?

also, im curious what the monster situation is like in Madina with the  whole island occupied?

monster situation is. . .annoying.

When we dont hold Panafau/Laraibina/Lawataling the monsters just play there and we go hunt the 4-5K groups when they wander into our regions.

Now we're constantly fighting little groups with 3-4 nobles.

We CAN get really bad spawns still - we killed off a 12K CS grouup last winter, but usually it's just small groups.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562: October 03, 2011, 01:50:35 AM »

When you mention risky winter operations I think of one of the wars between Sweden and Denmark.
In early 1658, Sweden marched over frozen water with their entire army and managed to crush the greatly surprised danish army, leading to a treaty that meant Denmark had to give up the eastern part of their kingdom, a part that remains swedish to this day.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_across_the_Belts if anyone is curious)

Do you think we should be able to walk across frozen water in the wintertime? (in bm I mean) ;)
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #563: October 03, 2011, 01:54:29 AM »
When you mention risky winter operations I think of one of the wars between Sweden and Denmark.
In early 1658, Sweden marched over frozen water with their entire army and managed to crush the greatly surprised danish army, leading to a treaty that meant Denmark had to give up the eastern part of their kingdom, a part that remains swedish to this day.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_across_the_Belts if anyone is curious)

Do you think we should be able to walk across frozen water in the wintertime? (in bm I mean) ;)

Rivers and such maybe, large bodies of water are unlikely to freeze. But I tend towards no, lots of extra coding and database properties to get it to work I would imagine so the game can know which uncrossable borders are rivers and which are not.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564: October 03, 2011, 01:58:35 AM »
Rivers and such maybe, large bodies of water are unlikely to freeze. But I tend towards no, lots of extra coding and database properties to get it to work I would imagine so the game can know which uncrossable borders are rivers and which are not.

Yeah, same here. It was mostly a joke.

What I would like to see are more sea routes though. On the outside of Dwilight for example. I think it was already brought up once somewhere.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #565: October 03, 2011, 03:26:06 AM »
Caerwyn should form a colony in Madina, so you could focus on Aurvandil without worrying of rogues. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #566: October 03, 2011, 05:44:33 AM »
Caerwyn should form a colony in Madina, so you could focus on Aurvandil without worrying of rogues. ;)

They could recruit from Madina to deal with the monsters on that island. Would Madina (Realm) have to change its name to Fatmilak though?

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #567: October 03, 2011, 06:05:05 AM »
They could recruit from Madina to deal with the monsters on that island. Would Madina (Realm) have to change its name to Fatmilak though?

Or they could simply colonize the entire island...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #568: October 03, 2011, 07:03:37 AM »

Fronen didn't need Fronepu to call itself Fronen, why would Madina need Madina to call itself Madina?  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #569: October 03, 2011, 08:23:50 AM »
Fronen didn't need Fronepu to call itself Fronen, why would Madina need Madina to call itself Madina?  8)

Madina should secede and call itself Fatmilak to confuse everyone.