Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275928 times)

egamma

Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #600: October 05, 2011, 08:07:12 PM »
The Stars are for everyone. Join us. We actually need someone to stir up trouble at the moment. Allison is preoccupied with her colony project and is therefore not currently in the business of being a provocateur. The Church is as quiet as I've ever seen it at present.

Marquis of Freke's Deep has been all doggedly trying to convert Gornak for a few days. Maybe all the exciting people are off trying to convert others?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #601: October 05, 2011, 08:56:44 PM »
Marquis of Freke's Deep has been all doggedly trying to convert Gornak for a few days. Maybe all the exciting people are off trying to convert others?

More power to them!

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #602: October 05, 2011, 09:07:56 PM »
Verdis elementum might see a little stir up too(as it barley is a religion), ps where going way off topic again :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #603: October 05, 2011, 09:11:17 PM »
ps where going way off topic again :P

I tired to steer it back, but you're all big meanies who don't listen to me :( Much like Aurvandil! Well, they're not big... and they're not meanies... and I haven't really tried to talk to them...

So yeah, why is Madina still full of pagans? I'm pretty sure a few of the Lords would convert if it meant getting rid of Aurvandil.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #604: October 05, 2011, 10:15:06 PM »
I think it's because last time SA sent a priest down that wasn't VonGenf, Nightling stabbed her.   Oh wait, was that Allison? :D  Can't imagine WHY someone would stab her. . .

I think it's mostly because people assume Madina has a religion (we did for the longest time) - that Estianism failed and left the whole region empty is secondary.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #605: October 05, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
I am planning to peregrinate preaching Aetheris Pyrism once I get enough Oratory skill. Madina is certainly on the chart.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #606: October 05, 2011, 10:26:17 PM »
I am planning to peregrinate preaching Aetheris Pyrism once I get enough Oratory skill. Madina is certainly on the chart.

Halicos will let you build a temple in Fatmilak, for a price...

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #607: October 05, 2011, 11:06:45 PM »
Halicos will let you build a temple in Fatmilak, for a price...

A temple to Waren, of course!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:19:11 PM by JPierreD »
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #608: October 05, 2011, 11:10:27 PM »
Halicos would sell his own mother to the Zuma if it could net him a better deal on trades.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #609: October 05, 2011, 11:21:03 PM »
Halicos would sell his own mother to the Zuma if it could net him a better deal on trades.

Well, greedy doesn't equal non-spiritual. Specially when he can worship a Goddess of trade, richness and such.  ;)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #610: October 05, 2011, 11:24:10 PM »
I think it's because last time SA sent a priest down that wasn't VonGenf, Nightling stabbed her.   Oh wait, was that Allison? :D  Can't imagine WHY someone would stab her. . .

Yea, Allison was in Paisly when she got attacked.  Which is why Madina will one day convert or die...  Part of the reason I took the deal to get Golden Farrow rather than colonize Flowrestown was because it put me in the middle of the continent.  My tendrils will soon cover the whole continent!   I will be the southernmost SA realm and we will continue to move south.  Slowly, but surely.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #611: October 05, 2011, 11:26:35 PM »
Yea, Allison was in Paisly when she got attacked.  Which is why Madina will one day convert or die...  Part of the reason I took the deal to get Golden Farrow rather than colonize Flowrestown was because it put me in the middle of the continent.  My tendrils will soon cover the whole continent!   I will be the southernmost SA realm and we will continue to move south.  Slowly, but surely.

So you're currently... Biding your time? Shocking. I'm terribly shocked.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #612: October 05, 2011, 11:41:28 PM »
So you're currently... Biding your time? Shocking. I'm terribly shocked.

My provocateuring is currently limited to discussions within the SA Elders.  I am trying to reform the church and turn it into something that will be more united and much, much more active in Dwilight politics.  I have no plans for anything with my realm.  (Which will be founded soon!)  I will build it up and see how things progress.  I tend to pick fights at random for usually no good reason.  One day I will get bored and do something wild and crazy. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #613: October 05, 2011, 11:44:46 PM »

Do I hear a hundred gold? One hundred gold anyone, for this fine specimen of a woman? Only three children have passed through her in her eighty years of life. One hundred gold for a woman who's pies are legendary in her home region of Tovabur?

Well, greedy doesn't equal non-spiritual. Specially when he can worship a Goddess of trade, richness and such.  ;)

His heart is fairly laid with Sigrid. He converted when he was in Darka, he even got a lovely piece of armour forged in the fire of Mount Sinclair! But everything is up for sale, for the right price :P

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #614: October 06, 2011, 01:57:39 AM »
His heart is fairly laid with Sigrid. He converted when he was in Darka, he even got a lovely piece of armour forged in the fire of Mount Sinclair! But everything is up for sale, for the right price :P

Reminds me of Tyka a lot. And the fire theme in Pyrism seems to fit very well. Sounds like a good approximation.

My policy is to either try to formalize my character's beliefs (making a religion), or to join a church which resembles them.