Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275122 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #630: October 15, 2011, 10:51:38 PM »
Shhh.

Madina doesn't use Diplomacy.  Don't tell people things like that.

Where like, way to proud for that :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #631: October 18, 2011, 02:16:45 PM »
Oh dear! Where is all our food going to go now that D'Hara doesn't want it...?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #632: October 18, 2011, 02:35:49 PM »
Our warehouses are full right now. If you can't accept to sell it at the same price everyone else is, though, and you decide to stop our traders from buying when they pass through your lands, then that'd be violating our agreements. Besides, I doubt Aurvandil will have any issue with the new, so far temporary prices.

If others offered better, Madina would be selling elsewhere already anyways.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #633: October 18, 2011, 02:47:12 PM »

If others offered better, Madina would be selling elsewhere already anyways.

BS, we need the Moot and especially D'hara more then simple profit, we all know that.
Madina and D'hara are alot alike in poltics and ideology.
This could one day mean a strong band.
To bad Duke Machievel seems to care little for it.

Madina used to trade with the Zuma before and will do so again.
We have two very expirienced traders.

We will see the D'harans crawling back to us eventually for even higher prices when they have to dig endless mass graves for the deceased peasants that died to the same starvation that held your realm in a deadly grip for years now.

besides why are you treathning us for doing something we(Madina) would probably never do in our right sense on the forums?
"If you can't accept to sell it at the same price everyone else is, though, and you decide to stop our traders from buying when they pass through your lands, then that'd be violating our agreements. Besides, I doubt Aurvandil will have any issue with the new, so far temporary prices."

It doesn't make sense, as if your OOC reminding me of not doing something specifically IC...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:54:10 PM by Nosferatus »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #634: October 18, 2011, 06:05:41 PM »
Note that I wasn't the one who brought it up.

And Madina city is clearly a competitor, not a partner. It gathers food we otherwise would have had for much cheaper to then resell it to us, quite frankly causing Paisly's financial ruin. Paisly's caravans can reach most of Madina's rurals, after all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #635: October 18, 2011, 06:31:17 PM »

And Madina city is clearly a competitor, not a partner. It gathers food we otherwise would have had for much cheaper to then resell it to us, quite frankly causing Paisly's financial ruin. Paisly's caravans can reach most of Madina's rurals, after all.

Can't capitalist(-like) countries be friends or allies?
Is the NATO an illusion and none of those countries ever worked together or got along?

Madina is at war and of-course it will 'compete'/do what ever is possible and still honorable by its own norms, it can do to survive and take its land back.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:41:15 PM by Nosferatus »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #636: October 18, 2011, 06:38:07 PM »
Can't capitalist(-like) countries be friends or allies?
Is the NATO and illusion and none of those countries ever worked together or got along?

Madina is at war and of-course it will 'compete'/do what ever is possible and still honorable by its own norms, it can do to survive and take its land back.

If Madina had olives and we had vines, then yea. But as the trade system is too simplistic, it's more mercantilism than true capitalism.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #637: October 18, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »
Feck, sorry, I forgot forums don't allow sarcasm tags... >.<

It was more of a bump to the thread with a little joke about D'Hara not buying our food but us being able to sell it anyway >.<

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #638: October 18, 2011, 10:47:50 PM »
Note that I wasn't the one who brought it up.

Hey now - I negotiated a large and constant supply of slightly less expensive food for you guys. . . took a lot of political power to get the Lords to agree to sell everything to Madina so it can all be shipped to Paisly en masse.   

We can always go back to having Halicos hording 2000 bushels in Fatmilak and you guys starving all the time. . .

But really, my job is not to figure out that Abbot and you guys can't do the whole 45gp buy from :P   Little busy with other things IC :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #639: October 18, 2011, 11:11:06 PM »
Hey now - I negotiated a large and constant supply of slightly less expensive food for you guys. . . took a lot of political power to get the Lords to agree to sell everything to Madina so it can all be shipped to Paisly en masse.   

We can always go back to having Halicos hording 2000 bushels in Fatmilak and you guys starving all the time. . .

But really, my job is not to figure out that Abbot and you guys can't do the whole 45gp buy from :P   Little busy with other things IC :P

I'm supposed to be glad that I have less access to the 35 food per 100 sell prices that many of your rurals had, and instead have to pay 50 for that same food I would have had access to otherwise?

Madina always was the least interesting trading partner because it was by far the most expensive. And while this last season they exported more than usual, so did other trading partners. Which goes in pair with an increasing internal food production thanks to the acquisition of Qubel and soon of the Lighthouse. Madina explains a part of our excess stocks right now, but they are just one supplier amongst many others.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #640: October 18, 2011, 11:28:57 PM »
Chénier, remember that you control the prizes when your wharehouses are full.  ;) The simple rule of supply and demand.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #641: October 18, 2011, 11:31:52 PM »
Madina always was the least interesting trading partner because it was by far the most expensive.

Hey! I find that a completely insulting! Fatmilak's prices are reasonable :P

But in all seriousness, I've never had a D'Haran Lord even try to barter with Halicos. Vallyn does it all the time, Abbot had a bit of a go at it and a few other Madinans have done it in the past too. He had 2000 bushels sitting in the region dying to be bought, I'm pretty sure he even told you (or some D'Haran Lord) that and nobody bothered to say "well, I could buy the lot for 30 gold". He'd have jumped at that (well, maybe he'd have haggled a little) just to get rid of the damn stuff.

Chénier, remember that you control the prizes when your wharehouses are full.  ;) The simple rule of supply and demand.

Not overly. There are quite a few other places to sell food, it's just D'Hara is the easiest. He probably has more bartering power than anyone else because it's easy to sell to him. If he pushes too far, we'll just move elsewhere. It takes a little longer to sell our food elsewhere, but it can be done.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #642: October 18, 2011, 11:43:37 PM »
Hey! I find that a completely insulting! Fatmilak's prices are reasonable :P

But in all seriousness, I've never had a D'Haran Lord even try to barter with Halicos. Vallyn does it all the time, Abbot had a bit of a go at it and a few other Madinans have done it in the past too. He had 2000 bushels sitting in the region dying to be bought, I'm pretty sure he even told you (or some D'Haran Lord) that and nobody bothered to say "well, I could buy the lot for 30 gold". He'd have jumped at that (well, maybe he'd have haggled a little) just to get rid of the damn stuff.

I never had any reason to bother bartering with Halicos. I very rarely had any gold on hand and no markets open for trade. It happened on a few very rare occasions, but that was pretty much it. The Madinian imports always were a a small fraction of our total imports, and it always seemed more interesting to deal with others who had a lower starting price. I just look at my caravans page every now and then, select the cheapest 5 regions or so, and send my gold to these. If Halicos wants to make a profit, all he has to do is open his markets and reduce his sale prices.  If he sells over 166 bushels at 30 gold, he's already making more gold than if he only sells 100 at 50.

Not overly. There are quite a few other places to sell food, it's just D'Hara is the easiest. He probably has more bartering power than anyone else because it's easy to sell to him. If he pushes too far, we'll just move elsewhere. It takes a little longer to sell our food elsewhere, but it can be done.

Not really. Everyone produces surpluses, though some realms' are much smaller than others. Everyone except D'Hara and the Zuma, that is (unless you want to consider Itau). And using D'Hara's ports and then Barcan lands to go sell to the Zuma directly is a sure way to sour relations between Madina and the 'moot.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #643: October 19, 2011, 12:05:08 AM »
There are more reason you are selling to D'Hara than it being easy. You are highly invested in a continues good relation with D'Hara. Therefore Chénier, can make demands about food prizes at the moment, as long as it is considered reasonable in the eyes of the 'Moot.

And yes, as Chénier states, selling to other realms through the ports of D'Hara will not do your realtion with them very good.  ;) Leaving you with only the Lurians.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #644: October 19, 2011, 12:16:55 AM »
And yes, as Chénier states, selling to other realms through the ports of D'Hara will not do your realtion with them very good.  ;) Leaving you with only the Lurians.

Who can use the food.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"