Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275122 times)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #690: October 21, 2011, 01:59:36 AM »
Lower your prices and consider it done.  8)

Sweeten the deal and maybe you'll find us more cooperative ;)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #691: October 29, 2011, 08:09:31 PM »
So when is Madina gonna bring the war to us, eh?  :o
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #692: October 29, 2011, 09:47:27 PM »

Tomorrow. I thought you knew? Being up in Agl was always going to be a bad idea... 8)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #693: October 29, 2011, 11:25:52 PM »

Yesterday according to orders sent out last week ¬¬

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #694: October 30, 2011, 02:46:42 AM »
Yea. . . I'd have liked to attacked already.

But, sadly, that's not how things go -.-

If you want to move most of your army to Barca we'll gladly start, otherwise just be patient :P  Or come attack us. . .

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #695: October 30, 2011, 07:46:44 AM »
So. Anyone think this war will be done this year or if both sides will manage to hold on?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #696: October 30, 2011, 12:07:52 PM »
So. Anyone think this war will be done this year or if both sides will manage to hold on?

Nope, definitely not. Both sides are too slow to act and when they do they mess up. If one side just built up a massive force with a decent balance of forces, plenty of paraphernalia and then went for the other, they could very easily break through. But neither side is perfect, which means they both just end up slamming people against walls.

Jeckyl

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #697: October 31, 2011, 01:29:33 AM »
I haven't been in Madina for too long, but I have seen us pass good opportunities by, which is a shame. This war COULD be done by the end of the year, but only if such opportunities were capitalized, which I very much doubt will happen.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #698: October 31, 2011, 05:11:59 AM »
The issue is if any side blunders badly it is over - much easier to play the defensive game and hope the enemy tries to capitalize on a perceived mistake. then go all out.

This war - if one of the Capitals gets properly sacked - will be done and over with quickly.

Basically who ever makes the first mistake will lose - no big mistakes make this a very hard war to win given the capital - capital attacks.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #699: October 31, 2011, 07:41:19 AM »
But would it be over if Madina lost its capital, or got it sacked? They'd be the underdogs at that point, unlike now, which obviously wouldn't be ideal but would they surrender Candiels or even the tower for peace? Or would they fight on, whether from a halfway decimated tower or from Madina city? Just curious.

And a question for Aurvandil players, because leaving them out isn't very fair  :o Now that Evanburg has been settled, diplomatically speaking, how much is it actually helping? Is the income and food production significant and lending you an edge in the war or is it helpful but nothing special?

Things I'd be curious about, but have little real incentive IC to wonder about.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #700: October 31, 2011, 10:59:57 AM »
But would it be over if Madina lost its capital, or got it sacked? They'd be the underdogs at that point, unlike now, which obviously wouldn't be ideal but would they surrender Candiels or even the tower for peace? Or would they fight on, whether from a halfway decimated tower or from Madina city? Just curious.

And a question for Aurvandil players, because leaving them out isn't very fair  :o Now that Evanburg has been settled, diplomatically speaking, how much is it actually helping? Is the income and food production significant and lending you an edge in the war or is it helpful but nothing special?

Things I'd be curious about, but have little real incentive IC to wonder about.

recovering from losing your capital, the usually excellent RC's that are in the capital, the boost to the income the other realm will get from controlling another city the cost of moving your capital and the fact that your core regions are no longer defended by a choke point, yeah losing the capital should be game over for either in terms of being able to really contest the war. You might make a stand and manage to get peace while retaining something of the realm, but unless something serious intervenes retaking the lost regions would be a hard slog.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701: October 31, 2011, 01:19:35 PM »
Since the only city Aurvandil has is their capital, it's hard to see how they could recover from losing it. :D

Personally, I wonder if this standoff will continue until one of the two realms slips up and manages to somehow fail to pay their ridiculously oversized army.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #702: October 31, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »
Since the only city Aurvandil has is their capital, it's hard to see how they could recover from losing it. :D

Personally, I wonder if this standoff will continue until one of the two realms slips up and manages to somehow fail to pay their ridiculously oversized army.

I think both sides are praying the other runs out of gold first :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #703: October 31, 2011, 02:32:28 PM »
I think both sides are praying the other runs out of gold first :)

Madina may do that soon :P

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #704: October 31, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »
Madina may do that soon :P

we're biding our time scoffing as Madina's high remarks and bold blunders!  :P
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)