Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275074 times)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #705: October 31, 2011, 05:56:30 PM »
What blunders are Madina making?

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #706: October 31, 2011, 07:53:54 PM »
Not using their resources as sufficient as Aurvandil.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #707: November 01, 2011, 04:50:49 AM »
Not using their resources as sufficient as Aurvandil.

Fair point. On the other hand, Aurvandil's running a military either at the limit or beyond what they can properly afford. I'd expect there's less strain on Madina for the same output, or close enough. Course, that's all well and good if Madina can raise their game but if Aurvandil's smaller size allows them run higher tax rates and recruit for cheaper, then perhaps Madina won't be able to sufficiently raise their game to beat the fortifications.

Which, obviously, is what players in both Aurvandil and Madina are pointing to. One side or the other need to mess up to actually stand a chance. If it wasn't for Nathan stating that Madina could run out of gold soon, I'd have actually suspected Madina would be able to afford to quietly build a warchest to invoke for a quick and decisive strike. If Aurvandil is making proper use of Evanburg though, perhaps Madina don't have that luxury.

Who's to say? Well, maybe the people in the realms in question. From my perspective, its all good though. No one like's sitting in a city doing nothing all day, every day. What will probably decide this war is the bleeding of nobles who are beginning to get bored senseless. That's no theory, since Barca's already received at least a couple for that precise reason.

We'll see, I suppose.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #708: November 01, 2011, 02:12:21 PM »
If it wasn't for Nathan stating that Madina could run out of gold soon

Soon, yes. Long term, we're fine. We just had a bit of a bump :P

If Aurvandil move out in about 1/2 week's time, they'll probably catch Madina off guard. Sooner and we've still got cash. Later and we'll be on the up.

Partly because we had less than usual harvest recently, partly because Madina revolted (we have no idea why, all the stats were high) and took 600 gold. That lack of gold will probably hit us in a bit. Might not be too bad if some people have stockpiles of bonds, but we certainly won't be as strong as we could be.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #709: November 01, 2011, 02:40:52 PM »
Harte! Get those bloody troops on that bloody ferry now, and cut anchor in two days time.

Why on the ferry so soon? Nobles have a tendancy of wandering off with their troops  >:(

Yeah, we were doing fine on the harvests until the end of winter and they still haven't recovered as much as I'd like. Doesn't help I have more mouths to feed. I'm hoping to ship them mouths off to Tweetsville shortly. Really though, the less gold shouldn't hurt too badly. It just means some of your nobles can't actually send gold back to their family next week, or people are going to have to do with one scout rather than eight. Such a thing as too much of a rush.

Seriously though, I hope your food situation sorts itself out quickly. Mainly cause ours should be good by then too, and D'Hara will take anyone's food. Except the Zuma. They're not stupid.

Finn.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #710: November 01, 2011, 04:17:16 PM »
Seriously though, I hope your food situation sorts itself out quickly. Mainly cause ours should be good by then too, and D'Hara will take anyone's food. Except the Zuma. They're not stupid.

Last I heard, we weren't in D'Hara's good books for food selling :P

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #711: November 01, 2011, 05:06:15 PM »
Pah. That's only because I'm undercutting you. Market forces. Your prices will go down eventually because it will mean quick steady income to help you fight your war and because you realize Aurvandil's still selling and you don't want them to outpace your gold income.

Maybe not in the good books. But its probably only temporary, I suspect.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #712: November 01, 2011, 05:26:16 PM »
Harte! Get those bloody troops on that bloody ferry now, and cut anchor in two days time.

Why on the ferry so soon? Nobles have a tendancy of wandering off with their troops  >:(

Yeah, we were doing fine on the harvests until the end of winter and they still haven't recovered as much as I'd like. Doesn't help I have more mouths to feed. I'm hoping to ship them mouths off to Tweetsville shortly. Really though, the less gold shouldn't hurt too badly. It just means some of your nobles can't actually send gold back to their family next week, or people are going to have to do with one scout rather than eight. Such a thing as too much of a rush.

Finn.

We're not going to make another assault unless Madina comes out and says their too scared to attack us and are gonna go get fat in their tower instead.. which is what it's looking more like. Even with their ally Fissoa I doubt they could overcome our defenses.

As for food, I do believe I'll be taking over Royal Purser in Aurvandil soon. Perhaps D'hara will be more pleasant with a familiarish 'Moot face :P We'll see, but really, Madina needs to show she's got the fight in her.. not just the talk XD
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

egamma

« Reply #713: November 01, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »
Last I heard, we weren't in D'Hara's good books for food selling :P

Well, we have quite a stockpile at the moment, so there's no need for us to pay 50 gold.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #714: November 01, 2011, 08:00:57 PM »
Well, we have quite a stockpile at the moment, so there's no need for us to pay 50 gold.

That's far too much to be paying..
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #715: November 01, 2011, 08:41:39 PM »
We're not going to make another assault unless Madina comes out and says their too scared to attack us and are gonna go get fat in their tower instead.. which is what it's looking more like. Even with their ally Fissoa I doubt they could overcome our defenses.

As for food, I do believe I'll be taking over Royal Purser in Aurvandil soon. Perhaps D'hara will be more pleasant with a familiarish 'Moot face :P We'll see, but really, Madina needs to show she's got the fight in her.. not just the talk XD

We'd have more than enough troops - if Fissoa sent her entire army.  But she doesn't, which means fighting 24K mobile against 21K defenses against level 5 walls. . which won't work.   Then again, Aurvandil smashed 18K into 14K against level 3 walls and lost so. . . this is where that stalemate comes in.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #716: November 05, 2011, 03:47:53 PM »
We'd have more than enough troops - if Fissoa sent her entire army.  But she doesn't, which means fighting 24K mobile against 21K defenses against level 5 walls. . which won't work.   Then again, Aurvandil smashed 18K into 14K against level 3 walls and lost so. . . this is where that stalemate comes in.

Cold War in Madina?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #717: November 05, 2011, 08:05:32 PM »
Cold War in Madina?

Lets hope not.
Hopefully the recent attacks will create new opportunities.

If the war turns cold, i sure hope it will escalate in a world war.
Can't wait for Dwilight to seriously escalate.
There lots of causes, but they seems to keep a certain balance, refraining from total escalation.
We'll see.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #718: November 05, 2011, 08:47:48 PM »
Well technically... The war between SA and Caerwyn, Averoth, and Madina was a "World War" so far as Dwilight is concerned... a very one-sided one though.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #719: November 05, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »
Well technically... The war between SA and Caerwyn, Averoth, and Madina was a "World War" so far as Dwilight is concerned... a very one-sided one though.

Pardon, what? I don't remember that war :S