Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275122 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #750: November 08, 2011, 03:35:33 PM »
Did I brag about the awesome extent of Aurvandil's roleplays? Nope.

Did anyone else lol at this?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #751: November 08, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »

I loled of the entire thing, does that count? :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #752: November 10, 2011, 06:36:39 AM »

>:(

I rp'ed something at you in Candiels and none was returned. It might have been a bit humorous of an rp, but nonetheless I tried. And yes, I see many great RPs in Aurvandil, full with detail and excellent imagination. To be honest, there aren't many realms I see regular RP, a theme that BM just doesn't attract as much of anymore.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:42:39 AM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #753: November 10, 2011, 06:55:02 AM »
>:(

I rp'ed something at you in Candiels and none was returned. It might have been a bit humorous of an rp, but nonetheless I tried. And yes, I see many great RPs in Aurvandil, full with detail and excellent imagination. To be honest, there aren't many realms I see regular RP, a theme that BM just doesn't attract as much of anymore.

If you refer to the narratives marked as RP, then yes they seem to be in decline. I would expect that many of the most prolific writers find it hard to get the time these days what with jobs, families and the like. Of course RP in general is much more then these narratives, it is how you play your characters, the language they use in messages to the realm and the like. At least in the realms I play in this has moved away from the old "modern" chat that we once had, inter spaced with RP marked message to an environment where each missive actually feels like it was considered from a characters point of view.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #754: November 10, 2011, 07:51:09 AM »
Of course RP in general is much more then these narratives, it is how you play your characters, the language they use in messages to the realm and the like. At least in the realms I play in this has moved away from the old "modern" chat that we once had, inter spaced with RP marked message to an environment where each missive actually feels like it was considered from a characters point of view.

That kind of thing, I think, does much more for providing a good RP environment than anything else and is one of the more important things to me. I give it my best to always keep this kind of thing up. I fail from time to time due to being in a hurry, etc. but it definitely something that separates realms in my eyes.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #755: November 10, 2011, 07:58:58 AM »
That kind of thing, I think, does much more for providing a good RP environment than anything else and is one of the more important things to me. I give it my best to always keep this kind of thing up. I fail from time to time due to being in a hurry, etc. but it definitely something that separates realms in my eyes.

Aye, when playing D&D RP was always more about our actions and interactions then making everyone read or listen to a narrative, though of course short narratives are rather vital in pen and paper games :) I've always tried to translate this to BM and mostly let the game mechanics handle the "narrative" part.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #756: November 10, 2011, 08:02:40 AM »
Aye, when playing D&D RP was always more about our actions and interactions then making everyone read or listen to a narrative, though of course short narratives are rather vital in pen and paper games :) I've always tried to translate this to BM and mostly let the game mechanics handle the "narrative" part.

Indeed.

The other thing is that it impacts more people, especially the not-so-RP-inclined folks. Because the people who don't like to read long RP messages probably never will and just skip them. However, if you're always just keeping an "RP tone/attitude" in your regular letters, orders, etc then even those people will read and see them and perhaps it will encourage them to give it at least a little effort as well (using proper titles, etc.)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #757: November 10, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »

Indeed.

The other thing is that it impacts more people, especially the not-so-RP-inclined folks. Because the people who don't like to read long RP messages probably never will and just skip them. However, if you're always just keeping an "RP tone/attitude" in your regular letters, orders, etc then even those people will read and see them and perhaps it will encourage them to give it at least a little effort as well (using proper titles, etc.)

It is probably wrong that I am having this discussion while writing letter from my "buffoon" character who is currently lamenting the death of his good captain from a poisoned compass which was provided to him as a devious plot from our enemies. Thankfully he was recently informed that midget tossing is still a reliable way to navigate.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)
« Reply #758: November 11, 2011, 11:39:44 AM »
I think the name Civil war does not fit the war agaisnt Aurvendil (anymore).
There only 2 Madinans that joined Aurvendil, the rest where nobles from Luibero and the most of them came later on.
The conflict is going so deep that both parties accuse each other of not beeing nobles now, hence: The War of Nobility.
Aurvendil even announced to murder all Madinan nobles of all ranks or standards, even fresh immigrants when possible.

Things are getting intresting.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #759: November 11, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »
Hell, are there any actual southerners down there period?

Seems like it's just a bunch of northern immigrants on both sides to me.

Liberos, Saxons, Caewynians... sheesh!

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #760: November 11, 2011, 01:04:07 PM »
A question: Who is currently winning?
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #761: November 11, 2011, 01:06:52 PM »
Hell, are there any actual southerners down there period?

Seems like it's just a bunch of northern immigrants on both sides to me.

Liberos, Saxons, Caewynians... sheesh!

Cearwyn IS a Madinan colony.
So yeah, Madina is all Madinan :P

Aurvendil is indeed with the exception of two, fully existing out of non southerners.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #762: November 11, 2011, 01:07:50 PM »
A question: Who is currently winning?

We only know that when the war is over.
Both parties are doing very well, there forces keep increasing.
We DID loot Lusitania to the ground just a day ago thou :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #763: November 11, 2011, 01:09:12 PM »
Cearwyn IS a Madinan colony.
So yeah, Madina is all Madinan :P

Aurvendil is indeed with the exception of two, fully existing out of non southerners.

WAS a Madinan colony. At some stage you have to let go of the concept of a realm still being your colony. They grow up after all and such things get relegated to distant history as they forge out on their own.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #764: November 11, 2011, 03:20:47 PM »
Ehhh.... Terran always viewed Caerwyn as a Madinan ally.

Though I suppose we never regarded ourselves as a Caerwynian colony.... but that's probably because they tried to destroy us....
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner