Author Topic: Family Name Origins  (Read 15316 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Family Name Origins
« Reply #30: April 19, 2011, 03:54:14 AM »
"Vellos" is the name of one of the factions in the truly spectacular shareware game EV Nova. I was big into EV Nova for a long time, and enjoyed the Vellos mission string in it... and figured nobody would recognize it. I have occasionally wished it were different, but generally like it, as it can fit with almost any millieu I want.

I loved that game! Hard to find people who know anything about it though, as it was made by Ambrosia and they only ever made games for Apple computers. EV Nova was far and away the best of them, but I also played the original EV and EV Override along with a number of very good full conversion mods. I think I played through every storyline in that game, though amusingly enough I could never finish the Vellos storyline...

I would dearly love to play that game again.

Oh and, er, on the original topic my family name (as far as I know) is an original. Came up with it in about five minutes of thought. Just liked the sound I guess. As for my characters, there is no rhyme or reason to their first names. I just roll with whatever I like at the time I make them.