Author Topic: Priest Lord allowed to see military on his own land  (Read 3101 times)

Alasteir

• Knight
  • March!
    • View Profile
Title:
Priest Lord Allowed to see military units on his own land

Summary:
t is something dificult and without explanation the limited situation of the preachers on BM to do not have any idea about the military situation of the regions. But ok. The worst on this is, while a Lord is a priest, he can't see the situation of the militia on his own land. This sould be removed or repaired to allow him to see this, and manage the militia, adding or dismissind it. I think this could not have any type of abuse, as it will be limited to the lords and their own regions.

Details:
Today, a priest, lord or knight, can't see the military situation of the land he or she is. Despite the IC incongruency, as anyone can see the units and tabards passing by their sight, it helps taking off the preachers from the spy and miiltary role. Unfortunelly, this occurs, too, within the lands the priest is Lord, making him blind even to militia, a situation with needs modification.

Benefits:
The same as to other lords. They will be able to manage, disband and add militia, and know about its size.

Possible Exploits:
Not sure.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:28:30 PM by Alasteir »

egamma

Please put this in the proper format. You can edit your post.

Alasteir

• Knight
  • March!
    • View Profile
done.

egamma

I like this.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
I think priests should be able to see all units within the borders of his/her own realm. This information is available to everyone within your realm, and doesn't make the priests a spy. Plus, it would make him able to get out of harms way should 'evil' troops invade the region where he is preaching.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I think priests should be able to see all units within the borders of his/her own realm. This information is available to everyone within your realm, and doesn't make the priests a spy. Plus, it would make him able to get out of harms way should 'evil' troops invade the region where he is preaching.
+1
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Alasteir

• Knight
  • March!
    • View Profile
IT is hard to manage militia if you don't see them, you know.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
On top of this I remember from my time in Ibladesh it made it very hard for a priest to be a general as you have a clear disadvantage. There are some religions where war in one form or another is approved and it is not strange for a priest to be general.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela