Author Topic: Modification of southern Dwilight sea zones  (Read 10188 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Modification of southern Dwilight sea zones
« Reply #15: December 13, 2012, 11:11:11 PM »
Only between sea zones. If landing or embarking are involved, it's not that easy.

So if you embark in X to A and travel to B and then to C and then land in Y (with X,Y land regions and A,B,C sea zones), then:
  • travel between X and A is embarking time, geography has no effect
  • travel from A to B depends on X and is not between centroids (but towards B's center)
  • travel from B to C is between centroids
  • travel from C to Y is landing time, geography does have an effect, in this case it is calculated from C's center.(*)
(*) however, if you do a trip like X to A to Y, it will NOT be calculated from A's center, but based on X

No, please. The number of sea zones is intentionally kept small, and their sizes intentionally several times of land regions. You would have to make an exceptionally convincing case for me to consider adding any zones, much more convincing that shifting a few borders around.

Thank you for this explanation. I'll look over this and recalculate assumed distortions, to see if effective distortions are smaller, equal, or greater than believed. Off the top of my head, I can't say for sure right now.

Cheniers point is, this isn't an advantage for D'hara but a disadvantage no one else has.

This. At least, not at a level anywhere near D'Hara's. I'm quite willing to help minimize distortions everywhere, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron