Author Topic: The Challenge of the Old Toren  (Read 2998 times)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Challenge of the Old Toren
« Topic Start: December 13, 2012, 05:23:19 AM »
Letter from Karibash ka Habb   (just sent)
Message sent to: Mendicant Anhangar
His Imperial August, The High Sovereign Mendicant Anhanger, Benevolent Majesty and Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of Aurvandil, Duke of The Imperial City, Margrave of Candiels, King of Madina, Conquérant des Pirates, Foremost Chevalier and Roi de l’Orvandeaux.

I have heard much about the Chevalier culture. You espouse honour, majesty, and excellence in battle. Your armies are feared across Dwilight. Frankly, I'm unimpressed. You see, I come from a warrior culture as well. The Toren of the South-East Island were rightfully feared for our resilience and strength in battle. Tor, God of War, gave us strength and we honoured him by conquering the weak and defeating the powerful. Though the island sank before we could conquer it, we came to Dwilight to further our goals. Everguard was founded by Toren, and we were once a great power. Tor died, however, and Everguard fell to Astrum. The Toren still live though. Our lust for war has not been satisfied. We exist as mercenaries and warriors. Why, a good portion of the Astrumese army is Toren warriors.

You see, tales of Toren greatness are well known. When the Saxons claimed they were superior, I was there to prove them wrong. When monster hordes the likes of which have never been seen were found, Toren armies fought and won. I have seen battle the likes of which you cannot imagine. Who are you? What have you done? Why do I not fear the Chevalier?

I await your reply.

Your's,
Karibash ka Habb, Duke of the Dark Mountains, Margrave of the Shrine of Seeklander, Thane of the Dark Shrine, Marshal of the Twilight Wardens, Marquis of Aquitain, Sovereign of the County of Forguthrie and all its Holdings, Vassal of the Vasilif of Astrum, Last King of Everguard

Karibash ka Habb
Duke of the Dark Mountains
Margrave of Shrine of Seeklander