Author Topic: Should the Banker position be removed?  (Read 5859 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Should the Banker position be removed?
« Topic Start: December 14, 2012, 04:23:20 AM »
This continues to baffle me.

What is the purpose of the General position? Every noble can decide for himself where to go, and there are even Marshals to command the various army groups. Generals have (essentially) no extra buttons they can push that give them power that other nobles don't. They don't even (currently) have much information that their Marshals don't (though to some extent, that's a bug).

But I have almost never heard anyone question the purpose of the General position.

A good Banker pays attention to the food situation throughout the realm and keeps on top of Lords who aren't buying enough food, or Lords who aren't selling enough. If Lords continually ignore them, they need the support of the Judge to enforce proper discipline—just like the General does.

Good grief; just because the Banker doesn't have all the same buttons he used to doesn't mean that he's suddenly totally worthless.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan