Author Topic: Changing character name - allowed?  (Read 4890 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Changing character name - allowed?
« Topic Start: December 16, 2012, 12:18:44 AM »
Is it really that big of a deal that he can't add something trivial to his name to allow the emigration? I just don't understand why a trivial name change can't be done to allow an emigration. I understand not wanting name changes randomly or for a better name/flavor, but it doesn't make sense to not allow it for things like emigration, IMO.

Your name is your name. It's not something you just change, however trivially.

Changes are permitted for the preservation of game atmosphere (a purely OOC consideration).

There has also, once, been an exception made for a character who could not emigrate to any other continent, because they all had characters with his name.

However, there is absolutely no guarantee in the BattleMaster rules that you can play on a specific continent, let alone play there with the character of your choice.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan