Author Topic: Accusations of abuse and general harassment  (Read 23923 times)

BattleMaster Server

Accusations of abuse and general harassment
« Topic Start: December 21, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »
Summary:Accusations of abuse and general harassment
Violation:Fair play
World:Atamara
Complainer:Aaron Champion
About:Enri

Full Complaint Text:
This is so stupid that I'm angry it even needs to be done. Since joining Caligan Empire, I've been on the receiving end of public OOC accusations of spying and private accusations of abuse and unsportsmanlike behavior from a single individual. Contrary to all evidence, he continues to persist in poisoning the atmosphere of a realm against me that I specifically joined for its team-friendly vibe. I don't really care that he's deeply misguided. I care that he's pressing this matter publicly, privately, IC and OOC, and I'd like it to stop. Asking him apparently doesn't work, so here we are. Below is the full correspondence between us. If a ruling on this specific issue is found to be unwarranted, then I ask the Magistrates to consider opining on what Fair Play means in general. Thanks.

Out-of-Character from Remi Solari   (8 days, 15 hours ago)

Message sent to everyone in your realm (66 recipients)

Always said I was going to create a character here some day. Well, now you're stuck with me. My condolences.

Aaron Champion

----

Out-of-Character from Enri Kinsey   (8 days, 7 hours ago)

Message sent to everyone in your realm (66 recipients)

Well well well, the Great House Solari came to spy on us in person! This is quite an honor! Normally we'd qualify for a minor retainer at most!

I'm watching you. *stares* -|~~ -|~~ -|~~

(Those are supposed to be daggers by the way.)

----

Out-of-Character from Remi Solari   (8 days ago)

(Personal message to Enri Kinsey)

You may not know this, but I really have been wanting to play on the same "team" as you for awhile. I appreciate your command style and thorough planning. I really did apply much of what I gleaned from Enri's strategizing and orders in Thalmarkin. I'm looking forward to this!

----

Out-of-Character from Enri Kinsey   (7 days, 5 hours ago)

I have good reason to suspect that you recruited new players into the game just so that you could spy on CE. That's not against the rules, but in my humble opinion that is not very sporting.

----

Out-of-Character from Remi Solari   (6 days, 23 hours ago)

I'm afraid that's simply not true, but I'd be happy to tell you exactly how I was able to learn so much.

----

Out-of-Character from Enri Kinsey   (6 days, 7 hours ago)

Allow me to rephrase: You picked new players who recently joined the game, and bribed them into making characters in CE and spying on us. It's still not sporting.

Yangfan Wang

----

Out-of-Character from Remi Solari   (4 days, 21 hours ago)

The bulk of intel came from characters of good standing in the realm. Else how would Enri's deliberations with the marshals have been obtained? I can appreciate your point of view, and I've come to agree with parts of it. That's why I don't bother with spying, and haven't since leaving Carelia. Despite what you might think, and certainly despite what your character in D'Hara thinks. It's time-consuming and unfair to others. But sporting? Come on. We're both competitive, and have gone to great lengths for our "teams". You exploit an advantage where it can be found, particularly when you're so mismatched conventionally.

----

Out-of-Character from Enri Kinsey   (4 days, 14 hours ago)

Yes, because CE and Carelia & Co. was so "mismatched" at the beginning of the war. Spying is a tool that you always deployed, not something that you reserved for desperate situations.

There is a difference between competitiveness and bad sportsmanship. There is a difference between playing well and taking unfair advantages over others. There is a difference between obeying both the spirit and the letter of the rules, and skirting around the edges and rules-lawyering. Like, oh, say, claiming that you are not realm-merging because there was still that lone stronghold left out in the middle of nowhere, and then throwing its duke under the proverbial bus when he merged with a neighbor. Was it against the rules? Technically, no. Was it a dick move that would have made Machiavelli blush? Yes.

This is supposed to be a friendly game. I find it sad and pathetic the lengths that some players, including Devs, will go to try to "win" unfairly. Sometimes they fall flat on their face anyways. I do get some schadenfreude from