Author Topic: Vent Thread  (Read 41768 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Vent Thread
« Reply #90: January 01, 2013, 07:30:17 PM »
For you I do my utmost best to ruin all your fun. Special treatment.

I already stated this had nothing to do with my personal fun.

My experience on BT, and elsewhere, has been that unless I rock the boat, nobody will. And sometimes, I need to rock it really hard for anything to happen.

This isn't about the boat rocker's feelings. It's about not having anyone else to rock the boat afterwards.

I took gambles, I took risks to create fun for the people around me. Due to bugs, !@#$ luck, and otherwise overwhelming forces I have no power over, I lost my gambles. I can live with defeat. It just really sucks for the people left behind. I don't recall the last time any other Enweilian ruler strove for anything else than the status quo.

Sure, you can sabotage the negotiations, and provoke war if you want. I'm sure stomping a crippled realm will be ever so amazing. And I'm sure that your 3 refugees will have a blast rebuilding a tiny city for the next year or two, just by themselves.

What annoys me isn't so much what you are doing IG, but that you have the audacity to come to the forums whine and bitch OOC about other players when you are no better yourself. You are perfectly entitled to to whatever you want IC, but if there's one thing I really hate, it's hypocrisy. And I consider you to be a great hypocrit. You judge other players as if you held the absolute truth, as if YOU knew what fun was and what it wasn't, as if we should all play by your standards of what is proper and what isn't, and as if you did everything right and others didn't. Because they are all pussies, and you are such a great player. You make the simple-minded equation that war=fun, when war isn't a requirement for fun and that not all wars are fun. And then come here to enlighten us all about how everyone's a bad player other than you. Except that you admit to responsibility for the problems you attribute to EC. On FEI, you admit to have the potential to do things differently, but don't. On BT, you threaten to revive the same damn old wars who have been done to death and that a ton of people can't stand the thought of doing yet AGAIN. On Dwilight, you made idiotic plans for a far-off colony when your realm had plenty of closer neighbors to could stir trouble with. From what I heard, you participated in the consolidation of power in what used to otherwise be a very tumultuous and exciting place for many. You blame the ruler for not making people care, but you show no signs of having put significant efforts yourself, as if the ruler was the only one able to make things fun for people.

In other words, I think the sole constant in all of the crappy situations you describe is you. And it greatly irritates me that you still have the audacity to come here and lecture other players on how they should play, and scorn them for how bad they've been playing.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron