Author Topic: Vent Thread  (Read 41875 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Vent Thread
« Reply #90: January 01, 2013, 10:37:16 PM »
I think, Dominic, that even you must agree that it's something of a conflict of interest to claim that trying to get rid of your character will decrease fun for the continent.

Do you challenge my claim? Yes, it's my character. But last I checked, my characters had key roles to play in all of the major wars on BT for quite a few years. Conflict of interest doesn't automatically make everything I say false or inaccurate. It just means it deserves scrutiny.

Beyond that, how do you know that what Riombara does once the Chéniers are gone from the continent won't make things much more fun? Delvin's not around anymore, and Riombara's not the cautious, would-be-diplomatic, anti-imperialist realm it once was.

Well, there's the fact that Fleugs stated he was advocating just picking up the easiest and/or overdone wars possible. And that's assuming Riombara was ever the cautious, would-be-diplomatic, anti-imprialist realm you claim it was. Sure, it might have changed. I don't doubt it, considering the power it now wields. But in any case, I'm not judging Riombara, I'm judging Fleugs. Riombara might end up doing things, that may end up being really cool. I'm judging Fleugs because he badmouths other players, and yet when given the power over some of his enemies, he doesn't ask himself "is Beluaterra more fun or less fun with the Chénier family on it?" If Delvin was in power and doing the same thing as Fleugs is, you wouldn't hear me complain about it on the forums. Same if anyone else was trying to do so, really. Because Fleugs did his whiny rant, not you Timothy. And I really can't stand people who whine about things they have power to change, or about others when they do no better themselves.

You could argue that Riombara will do something really cool later, something it couldn't have done was Guillaume around, and that was justifying your choice OOC. But I've heard nothing from him that would even remotely suggest that he even asked himself the question. 'cause heck, while I doubt it it could be true. After all, I'm not the only guy on the continent to shake things up, even if I am perhaps the most notorious one. And I am not trying to convince anyone that BT would suck if I'm not on it. All I'm saying, really, is that Fleugs isn't one to talk, and that he's every bit as bad as the people he slanders.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron