Author Topic: Vent Thread  (Read 41840 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Vent Thread
« Reply #75: December 30, 2012, 08:08:45 PM »
I remember several years ago, when AT got boring, Darka & Eston got into a sort of "friendly border war", in which they would exchange blows with their armies but not actually try to take regions or loot.

I wonder if this would still be acceptable to do today.

This would be acceptable:

"You have insulted our King and culture, and now you refuse to take it back! We will meet you on the field of battle and trounce your armies again and again until you yield!"

This would not:

"Hey, dude, my people want some war, and so do yours. Why don't we have a nice friendly little war between us, promising not to take any regions or loot or anything like that?"
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: December 30, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »
Folcard's so soft.  ;D

Here I was expecting like a thousand lashes or something. Nah. Just exile and some no-fly list. Guillaume was so aroused, now he's so disappointed to not see any whip.  :'(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: December 30, 2012, 09:07:11 PM »
You guys would love me as a ruler... the one time my character was ruler of a realm (5 or so years ago) he declared war on two of his larger neighbours, nabbed one region from both of them and then died fighting his banker in a duel to the death. This was all in the span of one or two months. I don't think any other ruler has ever seen so much ambition in such a short period of time...

My ruler back in the day was a bit of a character, ascending to the throne in a time when the realm was at war with most of the realms on the continent, and he declared war on all the rest. Before that, as judge, he personally tortured and executed five nobles. As king he accused two nobles who angered him of not having noble blood, and falsely accused his former mentor of plotting rebellion. There was a secession, followed by a failed rebellion, then two more secessions and another rebellion, during which he murdered his own son plus the captain of his guards. He fled the continent. At the time he was crowned his realm was the biggest and most powerful on the continent; by the time he left it was destroyed. Fun times! for me anyway.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: December 31, 2012, 05:35:10 AM »
@Fleugs: that never happened.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: December 31, 2012, 03:02:39 PM »
Losing to OW... never thought it was possible...

My characters are never trusting House Kuriga again!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: December 31, 2012, 04:49:56 PM »
I gotta say, though, that for a guy who loves war so much, trying to eliminate one of the main driving force for conflicts on BT for the last few years instead of trying to use him as a weapon doesn't make much sense. You seem to claim to like conflict, but you seek to eliminate the sole conflictual force in your sole neighbor.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #81: December 31, 2012, 06:18:54 PM »
My characters are never trusting House Kuriga again!

Sorry that I didn't have time for a major war. I've been busy dealing with family, and can mostly get on my phone, which is a pain if I want to type any kind of major command, as well as the fact that the map takes a god awful amount of time to load on the TRAVEL screen. If this war had began in the summer, I would have had a lot more time to put into this game. I don't have that time now.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: December 31, 2012, 07:31:58 PM »
...can mostly get on my phone, which is a pain if I want to type any kind of major command...

I can sympathize with that. Any kind of military planning or strategy on a phone-based browser is a total pain in the ass. Practically unworkable.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: January 01, 2013, 03:12:27 AM »
I gotta say, though, that for a guy who loves war so much, trying to eliminate one of the main driving force for conflicts on BT for the last few years instead of trying to use him as a weapon doesn't make much sense. You seem to claim to like conflict, but you seek to eliminate the sole conflictual force in your sole neighbor.

Stop thinking the world revolves around you Chénier. It doesn't, I don't care one bit for you.
Ardet nec consumitur.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: January 01, 2013, 12:03:59 PM »
I prefer to think of it as "Losing to Arcachon V2.0". I mean, is there really anyone left in OW that was there from before the secessions that formed Toupellon?

Except for that Arcachon was often a very dangerous foe

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: January 01, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »
... which was kinda my point ...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: January 01, 2013, 03:16:02 PM »
Stop thinking the world revolves around you Chénier. It doesn't, I don't care one bit for you.

I don't care if you care about me or not. I've got other continents I play on, after all, and I sure could use a slack moneysink to finance some of my other activities.

So I don't know if you are trying to provoke war with Enweil by pushing too much (won't happen), or expect me to simply create another character on BT to stir things up (likely not to happen), or think that any other figure in Enweil has even an ounce of the ambition my characters have (they absolutely do not)... But unless you aren't willing to agree that I've been rocking BT politics for many years, creating huge wars over chunks of the land that otherwise would definately never have initiated anything of their own, you are whining about lack of conflict and doing your best to eliminate the sources of conflict at the same time.

But as I said, I don't really care for the future of my characters on BT for the time being. This isn't about victimization. This is just about you whining about stuff you contribute to create.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: January 01, 2013, 06:51:24 PM »
I don't care if you care about me or not. I've got other continents I play on, after all, and I sure could use a slack moneysink to finance some of my other activities.

So I don't know if you are trying to provoke war with Enweil by pushing too much (won't happen), or expect me to simply create another character on BT to stir things up (likely not to happen), or think that any other figure in Enweil has even an ounce of the ambition my characters have (they absolutely do not)... But unless you aren't willing to agree that I've been rocking BT politics for many years, creating huge wars over chunks of the land that otherwise would definately never have initiated anything of their own, you are whining about lack of conflict and doing your best to eliminate the sources of conflict at the same time.

But as I said, I don't really care for the future of my characters on BT for the time being. This isn't about victimization. This is just about you whining about stuff you contribute to create.

I don't expect anything from you in particular. This entire discussion is not revolving around one or two players, but it wishes to address the much needed change of mentality. I don't want this topic to turn out into yet another place for people to discuss a particular realm or war; that would fit under other boards. So this is not about BT, not about Enweil and again, entirely not about you.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: January 01, 2013, 06:56:50 PM »
I don't expect anything from you in particular. This entire discussion is not revolving around one or two players, but it wishes to address the much needed change of mentality. I don't want this topic to turn out into yet another place for people to discuss a particular realm or war; that would fit under other boards. So this is not about BT, not about Enweil and again, entirely not about you.

Indeed, it's about players with positions of leadership who make decisions without considering the impacts it may have fun-wise for the players they play with.

It just happens I find that you fit a lot of the descriptions you were bitching about in the original post. On BT and elsewhere.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: January 01, 2013, 07:06:02 PM »
Indeed, it's about players with positions of leadership who make decisions without considering the impacts it may have fun-wise for the players they play with.

It just happens I find that you fit a lot of the descriptions you were bitching about in the original post. On BT and elsewhere.

For you I do my utmost best to ruin all your fun. Special treatment.
Ardet nec consumitur.