Author Topic: Medals  (Read 7113 times)

Zakilevo

Medals
« Topic Start: April 07, 2011, 07:38:27 AM »
I like getting medals even though people do not give them out so easily :)

I just got one today too (my first roleplaying medal but I never wrote a role play!) but is there any way to figure out who sent me these medals?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Medals
« Reply #1: April 07, 2011, 07:39:43 AM »
Nope.  They're intended to be completely anonymous.  You could ask, but it's bad form.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 07, 2011, 07:53:27 AM »
Well, personally I can trace back 4 of my 6 medals to certain people... deduction ftw :P

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 07, 2011, 12:51:21 PM »
It's good form to just graciously accept it without mentioning. You could have gotten a Roleplay Medal also for the way you act and behave as your character. Perhaps someone was pleasantly surprised and decided to give you a medal for it.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4: April 07, 2011, 01:20:34 PM »
I once gave a trust medal while scrolling down, then click with my middle mouse rotation-thing on the medal icon without even knowing it.  ??? hehe
But Tony, I am certain that did not happened with you. ^^
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 07, 2011, 03:14:55 PM »
I once gave a trust medal while scrolling down, then click with my middle mouse rotation-thing on the medal icon without even knowing it.  ??? hehe
But Tony, I am certain that did not happened with you. ^^

Lol, so how did you find out that you did that?

PS, is it bad form to tell the person that you gave them a medal?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 07, 2011, 03:27:07 PM »
I believe you get a pop-up that you gave a Medal. Here is part of the Medal Wiki Page:

If you give someone a medal, he will also get a message that he has received a medal, but he will not be told by whom. We prefer to keep it that way. Giving people a medal is all the gesture you need, you should keep quiet about it and not brag. Likewise, if you receive a medal, we consider it good form to just accept it quietly. Abstain from trying to find out who gave it to you, and don't post a public message saying "thanks".

So you should just give/receive the medal, be happy about rewarding someone/getting rewarded for your play, and continue playing :)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7: April 08, 2011, 01:13:15 AM »
Lol, so how did you find out that you did that?
A middle mouse click opens a new tab.

So you should just give/receive the medal, be happy about rewarding someone/getting rewarded for your play, and continue playing :)
Agreed. That's what the medals are for.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 10, 2011, 06:22:56 PM »
I think roleplaying medals are not only for people who write roleplays.  It is for people who stay in character and contribute to an interesting story and game experience. 

I like giving out medals, but how do you get the medals to give out?  I've never quite understood that part.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #9: April 10, 2011, 06:39:08 PM »
Have enough medals yourself. There are also differences in which medal can be given to which player depending on various factors.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 10, 2011, 06:39:12 PM »
I think roleplaying medals are not only for people who write roleplays.  It is for people who stay in character and contribute to an interesting story and game experience. 

I like giving out medals, but how do you get the medals to give out?  I've never quite understood that part.

A good question. Ever since I got a few trust medals, I could give them out. But I only have one fun medal, and for quite a while could not give any out. But now I am able to give a fun medal, even though I still have only one fun medal. So what changed? Time-based?

egamma

« Reply #11: April 10, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »
A good question. Ever since I got a few trust medals, I could give them out. But I only have one fun medal, and for quite a while could not give any out. But now I am able to give a fun medal, even though I still have only one fun medal. So what changed? Time-based?

The developers fixed a bug related to the medals.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 12, 2011, 01:06:19 AM »
The bug that was fixed was related to the medals not being given when the icon was clicked. It had nothing to do with having the right to actually give out a particular medal.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #13: April 12, 2011, 07:04:57 AM »
The bug that was fixed was related to the medals not being given when the icon was clicked. It had nothing to do with having the right to actually give out a particular medal.
Then why did I not see a single medal icon from 2008-2010? I saw them when I first started the game, and then I didn't see any to give out until about a month ago.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #14: April 12, 2011, 09:35:21 AM »
There is a random/time-based/semi-manual something that occasionally injects new medal-giving opportunities into the system, to counter players leaving (and taking un-given medals with them).