Author Topic: the Council of Mech Albion  (Read 19990 times)

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: the Council of Mech Albion
« Reply #15: January 05, 2013, 11:16:02 PM »
Why not just join the 'moot?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 05, 2013, 11:21:42 PM »
The mooot is only for realms in the southwest. Also, only realms that have a "republican style" of government. Asylon and Farronite are too far north, and Asylon isn't "republican style".
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 05, 2013, 11:48:43 PM »
The mooot is only for realms in the southwest. Also, only realms that have a "republican style" of government. Asylon and Farronite are too far north, and Asylon isn't "republican style".
I don't think they care so much about geography as they do the republican style.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 06, 2013, 12:07:42 AM »
Asylon did try to join the moot but they wouldnt let us because of geography. The council of Mech Albion is for realms in the north-west Messociddens, not mid or south.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 06, 2013, 12:19:27 AM »
Asylon did try to join the moot but they wouldnt let us because of geography. The council of Mech Albion is for realms in the north-west Messociddens, not mid or south.
I was told it was because it was because of the republican clause, which they were considering making an exception before the Terran-Kabrinskian War you escalated when they specifically said they did want, and allies should be considered equal entities, and equal entities make important decisions that involve both of them, together.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 06, 2013, 02:08:33 AM »
The Treaty of Maroccidens lists a specific geography in which a realm has to have at least one city, or it cannot be a full member of the moot.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: January 06, 2013, 02:13:49 AM »

Asylon meets the geographic requirement– the Treaty of the Marrocidens specifically notes Asylon's geographic eligibility.

What Asylon fails is the Republican form of governance criteria.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: January 06, 2013, 02:33:15 AM »
The Treaty of Maroccidens lists a specific geography in which a realm has to have at least one city, or it cannot be a full member of the moot.
Which is Marroccidens or Messocidens, thus both Asylon and Farronite Republic fit the geographic requirements.

Edit: Maybe not Farronite Republic, I would have to do some geography looking up.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:35:22 AM by Penchant »
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: January 06, 2013, 02:48:39 AM »
I'm fairly certain the Treaty notes that Cearwyn was geographically ineligible, which would make Farronite ineligible.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: January 06, 2013, 03:01:29 AM »
Ironically, I the one who cant keep my mouth shut is blamed for lack of communication. :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: January 06, 2013, 03:37:16 AM »
I'm fairly certain the Treaty notes that Cearwyn was geographically ineligible, which would make Farronite ineligible.

Indeed.

As Vellos said, it's government style that ruled out Asylon. Though there was discussions of creating a new affiliated state membership in the treaty, but we never got around to it. Then we ended up realizing that we were better off on our own.

At this point, the three 'moot realm have so much history between them that adding new members would hinder the cohesion and fraternity in the institution, because of the lack of this shared background. I doubt any additions will ever be approved now, unless formed from a splitting of existing member states on friendly terms (and not just a colonization secession for foreign nobles).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: January 06, 2013, 03:40:01 AM »
Ironically, I the one who cant keep my mouth shut is blamed for lack of communication. :P
Yes because though you can't shut up on most things, you didn't say a word on escalating the war to your allies even though they explicitly said they did not want to do that.
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: January 06, 2013, 05:21:43 AM »
I stated several times to Cellos what I was doing he either didnt care or read what I sent. Enough of this.

Asylon doesnt want to be a part of the moot, there are already enough moot. We choose to keep our alliances small and uncomplicated to keep the game fun. We dont need to ally the whole map, this is BM not federation master, so in order to maintain diversity and cultures we choose the black sheep path. We like our kingdoms policy. Our allies have always been few its better that way and it shows you truly care about that alliance above all others, just like when I started a war to take the pressure off of my family and brothers in Terran. Asylon took the brunt of the war and its ok if you do not care. We thought we were doing the right thing for Terran at the time.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #28: January 06, 2013, 06:09:55 AM »
This thread is not about the war with a dead realm. If you all wish to talk about it, please take it elsewhere. This is about the Guild/Alliance that Asylon in the Farronite Republic will share.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: January 06, 2013, 06:51:14 AM »
Thank you Gustav.