Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 151513 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #105: February 10, 2013, 01:38:35 AM »
D'Hara better not give this monarch too much power.

That there Treaty of the Maroccidens has some things to say 'bout that.

Cenarious Stormrage is still RPed as being Dragon King of D'Hara, despite all executive powers being vested into the office of the Prime Minister. The talk's simply about who will be next, when the next shall be chosen and how the next shall be chosen.

Rebellions are too much hassle, too many people appreciate the quarterly elections to let this change.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: February 10, 2013, 03:47:13 AM »
Cenarious Stormrage is still RPed as being Dragon King of D'Hara, despite all executive powers being vested into the office of the Prime Minister. The talk's simply about who will be next, when the next shall be chosen and how the next shall be chosen.

Rebellions are too much hassle, too many people appreciate the quarterly elections to let this change.

Yep, we are like the UK: republican in practice with a fun little monarchy to keep us entertained. We don't want to let go of our precious Dragon King.

Also the royalty fuels the D'Haran tabloids, which are the main engine of our economic recovery.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #107: March 05, 2013, 03:23:47 AM »
Suddenly, A CHALLENGER APPEARS!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: March 05, 2013, 03:25:17 AM »
Suddenly, A CHALLENGER APPEARS!

Indeed, it's very unusual to have a challenger to the Prime Minister elections. Usually, everyone just rolls with the incumbent, until he stops running for whatever reason. A slight derogation to tradition... :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #109: March 05, 2013, 03:36:01 AM »
Seriously though, it's about damn time. Rynn had been trying to light a fire under the Midland's Council to spark some new up and comer besides Ismail to actually get vocal and shake things up. OOC, I couldn't be happier. IC, Rynn doesn't know how this will work out in the end. It's the first time in a while that his confidence has been tested.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: March 05, 2013, 03:45:23 AM »
Seriously though, it's about damn time. Rynn had been trying to light a fire under the Midland's Council to spark some new up and comer besides Ismail to actually get vocal and shake things up. OOC, I couldn't be happier. IC, Rynn doesn't know how this will work out in the end. It's the first time in a while that his confidence has been tested.

You succeeded in starting a lot of interesting internal events these days, I must say. I am quite pleased with this, and how everything that was started keeps evolving no matter what.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: March 05, 2013, 03:48:21 AM »
On an OOC, its pretty !@#$ing hard to get the Midland Council to say !@#$ though the proposal for everyone getting to be able to vote sparked some convos that looked like they were leading somewhere but died off all of a sudden. To why no one had previously challenged you, sure the comments about being hot-headed were true but most people thought you were doing fine so there was no need to run against you.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: March 05, 2013, 03:51:39 AM »
A lot of circumstances are playing in favor of the contender, though. A new ruler may be elected, without even any significant dissent against the incumbent. It would truly be a first, and yet so in line with D'Haran republicanism.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: March 05, 2013, 04:00:56 AM »
On an OOC, its pretty !@#$ing hard to get the Midland Council to say !@#$ though the proposal for everyone getting to be able to vote sparked some convos that looked like they were leading somewhere but died off all of a sudden. To why no one had previously challenged you, sure the comments about being hot-headed were true but most people thought you were doing fine so there was no need to run against you.

Yea, I do kinda worry about this... people not participating. Both on the Midland Council and in the House of Lords. It's nice to have events like these elections getting some people who don't often speak to step up and say something, but I wish it'd happen more often.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: March 05, 2013, 04:48:51 AM »
If Rynn gets replaced, I'll cry.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: March 05, 2013, 05:07:21 AM »
If Rynn gets replaced, I'll cry.
Better get out the tissues. There has been quite a bit of public support for who is running against him.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #116: March 05, 2013, 05:08:35 AM »
Damn, Rynn has had more fun bickering with Alice than with Jonsu and Vellos combined. He'll miss that...

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: March 05, 2013, 05:15:43 AM »
I know, right? Nothing beats our arguments. I'll lose a rival and those 100 reasons to war D'Hara.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: March 05, 2013, 05:31:32 AM »
I know, right? Nothing beats our arguments. I'll lose a rival and those 100 reasons to war D'Hara.
Seems to me like you are the person to argue you with.
― G.K. Chesterton

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: March 05, 2013, 06:02:24 AM »
Better get out the tissues. There has been quite a bit of public support for who is running against him.

The race ain't over yet hombre.  :D