Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 144052 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #210: March 26, 2013, 06:30:26 AM »
Totally revels in the blame... 8)
I wouldn't be too happy, you just made Machiavel the Dragon King. I don't like how its being done exactly IG, but its the best of the options given as IIRC, Tom is very anti making honorific titles/they don't use any game mechanics.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: March 27, 2013, 11:09:34 PM »
With Chenier in the spotlight it will only help you to see his many flaws...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: March 27, 2013, 11:13:34 PM »
With Chenier in the spotlight it will only help you to see his many flaws...

Never claimed to be perfect, and a little late to spot any flaws, assuming the other candidates were perfect...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: March 27, 2013, 11:16:41 PM »
I think this is a nice circle, the dragon king blaming the son of Port Raviel for his problems. The banished knight of Shadovar/Melodia will one day be a thorn in your D'Haran side... I swore that one day I would have my revenge for that crime perpetrated upon me when I was a young lad in Shadovar. Its only natural we are enemies, your people created Glaumring... Ironic isn't it?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #214: March 28, 2013, 12:06:46 AM »
I think this is a nice circle, the dragon king blaming the son of Port Raviel for his problems. The banished knight of Shadovar/Melodia will one day be a thorn in your D'Haran side... I swore that one day I would have my revenge for that crime perpetrated upon me when I was a young lad in Shadovar. Its only natural we are enemies, your people created Glaumring... Ironic isn't it?

Nobody remembers Glaumring ever living on the isles. He's just a nutcase who takes too much drugs.

One day, I'll have Koshtlom claimed in Machiavel's name. One day...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: March 28, 2013, 12:10:45 AM »
Nobody remembers Glaumring ever living on the isles. He's just a nutcase who takes too much drugs.

Come to Phantaria. We'll make it happen together.  8)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: March 28, 2013, 12:39:12 AM »

Yeah nobody remembers because I was a young knight and the dictatorship of the Dragon Queen destroyed much of the previous history of the tomb islands.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #217: March 28, 2013, 12:41:13 AM »
Yeah nobody remembers because I was a young knight and the dictatorship of the Dragon Queen destroyed much of the previous history of the tomb islands.
The Dragon Queen destroyed the previous history? How did she do that?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: March 28, 2013, 12:49:08 AM »
The Dragon Queen destroyed the previous history? How did she do that?

By banishing nobles and taking over the country. Thats how one does it. Why else would Chenier belittle my own stature in the Tomb islands? I was born there he merely joined as a Shadovaran and then as a D'Haran. I was there since Melodia. He may have served their longer but it was his supported government that banished lowly knights back during the reign of terror.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: March 28, 2013, 01:10:42 AM »
By banishing nobles and taking over the country. Thats how one does it. Why else would Chenier belittle my own stature in the Tomb islands? I was born there he merely joined as a Shadovaran and then as a D'Haran. I was there since Melodia. He may have served their longer but it was his supported government that banished lowly knights back during the reign of terror.

I, too, was in Melodia until it collapsed. It needs to come back one day.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #220: March 28, 2013, 02:19:39 AM »

Perth, stick with me ole'buddy and we'll go far! cha cha cha!  ;)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: March 28, 2013, 03:49:03 AM »
Thats taking over a realm, maybe was converting the realm to a different culture by banning the nobles, idk since I wasn't there but that has nothing to do with destroying history.
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #222: March 28, 2013, 04:37:11 AM »
It matters not what they did in that time. The result will be their downfall! Muhahaha 8)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: March 29, 2013, 03:43:44 AM »

It did.

It's called Terran in its later days.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: March 29, 2013, 03:55:29 AM »
It did.

It's called Terran in its later days.
Feel like summing up Melodia?
― G.K. Chesterton