Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 144100 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #240: March 31, 2013, 12:04:30 AM »
Indeed, it was the first real realm in the Maroccidens, I believe. And while it was short lived, its death almost defined the experience of early Maroccidental settlement, which is basically the extreme and harsh conditions of surviving and constant, brutal monster/undead attacks.

Furthermore, as this thread shows many of its members went on to be quite influential across all aspects of present-day Maroccidens/Mesoccidens. Pretty awesome, really...

Maybe something worthy of the History Department in DwiU? I'd love to hear about Melodia!
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #241: March 31, 2013, 03:05:06 AM »
I swore that one day I would have my revenge for that crime perpetrated upon me when I was a young lad in Shadovar.

So you wanna help Luria Nova exact that justice? Yeah you do!
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #242: March 31, 2013, 03:22:29 AM »
So you wanna help Luria Nova exact that justice? Yeah you do!

You come in from the East and we come in from the west. Meet in the middle. I don't want any of the lands. Just Cheniers head of a stake.  ;)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #243: March 31, 2013, 03:30:10 AM »
You come in from the East and we come in from the west. Meet in the middle. I don't want any of the lands. Just Cheniers head of a stake.  ;)

Luria has dibs on Rynn's
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #244: March 31, 2013, 03:42:00 AM »

Deal! When their heads are both on spikes, we could split what's left of them for dinner.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #245: March 31, 2013, 03:47:22 AM »
I love it when a plan comes together...  8)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #246: March 31, 2013, 05:01:51 AM »
I love it when a plan comes together...  8)
*Facepalms* But you didn't do !@#$/there was no plan. Luria has always hated D'hara, and was already at war with D'hara once. The fact you think Luria wanting to go to war with D'hara is you having a plan come together is rather ridiculous.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #247: March 31, 2013, 05:12:25 AM »
*Facepalms* But you didn't do !@#$/there was no plan. Luria has always hated D'hara, and was already at war with D'hara once. The fact you think Luria wanting to go to war with D'hara is you having a plan come together is rather ridiculous.

ummm? Its from the A-Team...It was a sort of joke.  ???

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #248: March 31, 2013, 05:16:59 AM »

ummm? Its from the A-Team...It was a sort of joke.  ???
I know its from the A-Team but this isn't a movie quote thread so it seems you meant it at the same time. Nothing really implied it being a joke, IMO.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #249: March 31, 2013, 05:46:49 AM »
I know its from the A-Team but this isn't a movie quote thread so it seems you meant it at the same time. Nothing really implied it being a joke, IMO.

Go outside and go for a walk or something... Seriously...

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #250: March 31, 2013, 10:38:12 AM »
What makes a D'Haran?

My character on Dwilight has two views, regarding the two types of D'Harans...

A) Typical greedy islander ****. Amoral, selfish, and with an over inflated sense of self.

B) Pierre.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #251: April 01, 2013, 02:50:10 AM »
What makes a D'Haran?

My character on Dwilight has two views, regarding the two types of D'Harans...

A) Typical greedy islander ****. Amoral, selfish, and with an over inflated sense of self.

B) Pierre.
Hmmm, if only I could get rid of our new members with members who act like our older members. Its the new members to the game or those we have gained from the Lurians that act like that, which does include Rynn. I know of none that have those personal attributes within D'hara, but those above have suggested things like that within in D'hara, while the more older D'harans fight against it.
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #252: April 09, 2013, 03:17:19 AM »
Well this is basically the D'hara thread, so I will post here. Interesting, surprising talks are happening in D'hara. Other D'harans, do not post the topics though as they are very sensitive IC talks that should not be said on here.
― G.K. Chesterton

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #253: April 09, 2013, 04:03:03 AM »
Well this is basically the D'hara thread, so I will post here. Interesting, surprising talks are happening in D'hara. Other D'harans, do not post the topics though as they are very sensitive IC talks that should not be said on here.

Are you referring to the debate to rename the monarch the Unicorn King?  ;)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #254: April 09, 2013, 04:18:46 AM »
D'hara would opt for a horse with a phallic cranial protrusion.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.