Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

What makes a D'haran?

Started by Penchant, January 04, 2013, 11:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penchant

What makes a D'haran in your eyes?/How do you see D'harans in general as. It's a semi-OOC conversation going on in game but I think it is easier when you are foreigner as its just, what do I think when I think of a D'haran. Examples being
QuoteAurvandilians are generally arrogant, condescending ethnocentrics
QuoteLurian's are vengeful, backstabbing vipers, but can organize fairly quickly toward a common goal for a time.
And simply,
QuoteBarcans are, well, quiet.
Lastly, if you don't like the descriptions, too bad it's just what another player said not me, and its his honest thoughts.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

I think of wealthy fat weasels. Not being rude, but they sit on their islands hoarding massive riches and are sneaky and rat-faced ;)

Solari

Quote from: Woelfy on January 04, 2013, 11:34:23 PM
I think of wealthy fat weasels. Not being rude, but they sit on their islands hoarding massive riches and are sneaky and rat-faced ;)

^^^^

Penchant

Why sneaky?
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

yup
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Woelfy

Quote from: Penchant on January 04, 2013, 11:58:14 PM
Why sneaky?

They preached friendship with Luria, but plotted an invasion simultaneously... That's not exactly up-standing or up-front behaviour.

Telrunya

Like Luria never plotted an invasion of D'Hara ;) It was subject number two in D'Hara in my time, right after 'Where has all the food gone?' ;D

Chenier

Quote from: Woelfy on January 05, 2013, 12:25:46 AM
They preached friendship with Luria, but plotted an invasion simultaneously... That's not exactly up-standing or up-front behaviour.

Plan A: Befriend Lurias
Plan B: Invade Lurias

Sounds like responsible planning, imo.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Woelfy

Quote from: Telrunya on January 05, 2013, 12:42:11 AM
Like Luria never plotted an invasion of D'Hara ;) It was subject number two in D'Hara in my time, right after 'Where has all the food gone?' ;D

I'm in no way defending Luria and the reputation it's acquired. I'm merely pointing out my character's view of Dhara.

Chenier

Quote from: Chénier on January 05, 2013, 12:45:55 AM
Plan A: Befriend Lurias
Plan B: Invade Lurias

Sounds like responsible planning, imo.

Befriend those you can, kill those you can't has pretty much been Machiavel's creed since he joined Dwilight... :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

Quote from: Woelfy on January 05, 2013, 12:56:06 AM
I'm in no way defending Luria and the reputation it's acquired. I'm merely pointing out my character's view of Dhara.

No worries, was just having some lighthearted fun as well :)

Penchant

Quote from: Woelfy on January 05, 2013, 12:25:46 AM
IC I have heard it was merely D'hara considering aiding Fissoa and no serious plans for war, OOC I don't know the truth.
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

Quote from: Penchant on January 05, 2013, 02:35:04 AM
IC I have heard it was merely D'hara considering aiding Fissoa and no serious plans for war, OOC I don't know the truth.

I don't think I was there when these events happened, but in my days, we were always planning friendships and conflicts simultaneously.

Hroppa

Opportunistic merchants is definitely how I'd stereotype D'harans.

Galvez

Quote from: Penchant on January 04, 2013, 11:20:50 PM
QuoteBarcans are, well, quiet.
The man who said this has never met Julius.  ;)
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar