Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 144940 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #90: January 31, 2013, 12:59:27 PM »
A good read, though some parts feel a little dated.

I also wasn't aware Barca was formed by Giaskian exiles. Funny how every now and then, the Lurias have a struggle and it results in immigrants for the occidens. Giask then, Luria Vesperi today.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: January 31, 2013, 04:34:02 PM »
Yeah, it's quite dated– which makes it fun.

The commentary about Caerwyn and Aurvandil I find particularly amusing.

Maybe I'll write a second volume. Actually, I think I will. Tonight.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: February 08, 2013, 05:07:49 AM »

So, D'hara, rumour has it Bowie is being considered for a particularly special honourary position? Can I get a little insider detail as to what's up with that? Maybe a little triumphant parade? Or a bit of a regal crown and cloak combo? Give me Sallowtown maybe?  ;D Hm?

No biggy, just askin..
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: February 08, 2013, 06:07:12 AM »
So, D'hara, rumour has it Bowie is being considered for a particularly special honourary position? Can I get a little insider detail as to what's up with that? Maybe a little triumphant parade? Or a bit of a regal crown and cloak combo? Give me Sallowtown maybe?  ;D Hm?

No biggy, just askin..
We got priest Constantine arguing for voting for a monarch instead of being selected by a line of succession. How lame. He claims its tradition and custom but we have never actually elected a monarch. Also, your not the only suggestion anymore. That, and you wouldn't be head of government or have any direct power related to the government at the current time.  ;D We need a face for laughter.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #94: February 08, 2013, 06:21:56 AM »
We got priest Constantine arguing for voting for a monarch instead of being selected by a line of succession. How lame. He claims its tradition and custom but we have never actually elected a monarch. Also, your not the only suggestion anymore. That, and you wouldn't be head of government or have any direct power related to the government at the current time.  ;D We need a face for laughter.

Anything's better than a non existent figure head whose namesake would rather sleep for 10,000 years than bone his powerfully hot girlfriend(s).

Hmm, I now see an odd similarity between the D'Haran monarch and the Warcraft druid/demigod...
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: February 08, 2013, 08:13:07 AM »
;D We need a face for laughter.

If there's one thing I can deliver on, its a good show. My constituents bank on that election after election.

Vote Demon for President!
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: February 08, 2013, 08:43:59 AM »
Give me Sallowtown maybe?  ;D Hm?

What about a rural somewhere west of Paisland?  ;D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: February 08, 2013, 09:52:47 AM »

Constantine's advocacy of elective monarchy and the possible ascension of an Ironsides to the throne are not unrelated. Considering he was one of the Elders that protested at Bowie being ruler of Swordfell, he's hardly thrilled with the idea of his future ruler being a relation of Bowie's.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: February 08, 2013, 10:41:25 PM »
D'Hara better not give this monarch too much power.

That there Treaty of the Maroccidens has some things to say 'bout that.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ridder

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: February 08, 2013, 10:45:16 PM »
You could always just marry Bowie's bastard daughter to Mathias :P

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: February 08, 2013, 11:22:17 PM »

I vote for Rathan Himoura's heir.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: February 09, 2013, 02:47:19 AM »
D'Hara better not give this monarch too much power.

That there Treaty of the Maroccidens has some things to say 'bout that.
Currently the plan is no power over government matters. Rynn was considered but it was all agreed because of the Treaty of Maroccidens it was best not to have the monarch and Prime Minister be the same person.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: February 09, 2013, 06:51:49 AM »

She's already been spoken for actually. Her hand went pretty fast once she was remembered as a NPC.

So what I am hearing from all of this is: Vote Demon for President!!!

8)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: February 09, 2013, 10:07:25 AM »
Jonsu Himoura clearly should act as Lady Protector until Rathan's son is old enough.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: February 10, 2013, 01:29:57 AM »
Jonsu Himoura clearly should act as Lady Protector until Rathan's son is old enough.

I think many D'Harans would prefer to not have one of the realm's biggest critics proclaimed Lady Protector. I don't see that ending well, for some reason.  :P