Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 144057 times)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #120: March 05, 2013, 06:04:57 AM »
On an OOC, its pretty !@#$ing hard to get the Midland Council to say !@#$ though the proposal for everyone getting to be able to vote sparked some convos that looked like they were leading somewhere but died off all of a sudden.

QFT, and a sad truth that is. It's hard to badger the knights when there's a war going on, too. I guess you have to... pick your battles.

Puns don't get you banned here, do they?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: March 05, 2013, 02:06:23 PM »
I know, right? Nothing beats our arguments. I'll lose a rival and those 100 reasons to war D'Hara.

Which is a big factor in support of the contender.

QFT, and a sad truth that is. It's hard to badger the knights when there's a war going on, too. I guess you have to... pick your battles.

Puns don't get you banned here, do they?

Totally should be banned for that. :P

For honestly, I don't get speeches like that. Knights just have to follow orders, how much time does it take to skim through for red paper? They don't need to actually pay any attention to the war, and as such, should be perfectly able to involve themselves in issues unrelated to war as they fight.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #122: March 05, 2013, 03:04:13 PM »
For honestly, I don't get speeches like that. Knights just have to follow orders, how much time does it take to skim through for red paper? They don't need to actually pay any attention to the war, and as such, should be perfectly able to involve themselves in issues unrelated to war as they fight.

Spoken like a true noncom.

As for Alice, if Rynn loses, he's looking forward to watching Pierre try dealing with her. As much as Alice and Rynn are nemesis (or freinemies OOC it seems) her dislike began with her feelings toward D'Hara. Which, considering how dmanably stubborn she is, is not liable to change with a simple transition of power.

Rynn's rather looking forward to seeing someone else take her to the mat  ;D
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: March 05, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
Spoken like a true noncom.

As for Alice, if Rynn loses, he's looking forward to watching Pierre try dealing with her. As much as Alice and Rynn are nemesis (or freinemies OOC it seems) her dislike began with her feelings toward D'Hara. Which, considering how dmanably stubborn she is, is not liable to change with a simple transition of power.

Rynn's rather looking forward to seeing someone else take her to the mat  ;D

But that's not the target of the desired change. D'Hara's relation with the grown-ups is. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #124: March 05, 2013, 04:42:13 PM »
But that's not the target of the desired change. D'Hara's relation with the grown-ups is. :P

Of course that's the target of the desired change: dealing with Luria Nova in general and Alice the  Astroist queen in particular, no?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: March 05, 2013, 04:44:55 PM »
Of course that's the target of the desired change: dealing with Luria Nova in general and Alice the  Astroist queen in particular, no?

Wrong, nobody cares to be friends with Alice. :P

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #126: March 05, 2013, 04:55:27 PM »
Wrong, nobody cares to be friends with Alice. :P

Soooo what DO they care about?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: March 05, 2013, 05:30:13 PM »
Soooo what DO they care about?

I already said so, the grown-ups of Dwilight politics.  8)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #128: March 05, 2013, 05:33:40 PM »
I already said so, the grown-ups of Dwilight politics.  8)

*stamps foot*

but I AM a grown up!

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: March 05, 2013, 07:18:25 PM »
As much as Alice and Rynn are nemesis (or freinemies OOC it seems) her dislike began with her feelings toward D'Hara. Which, considering how damnably stubborn she is, is not liable to change

Alice and Rynn had a mutual dislike for each others realms, it wasn't just a one way street, and sure their dislike started that way. However, its persistence can be attributed to Rynn's inability to act nice, and obviously Alice's stubborn attitude.

Pierre is a phenomenal choice for D'Hara, his standings with SA will prove incredibly beneficial. Alice likes him, so I'm sure things will turn out peachy.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: March 05, 2013, 07:50:56 PM »
Alice likes him, so I'm sure things will turn out peachy.

Are you trying to ruin his campaign?  ;D

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #131: March 05, 2013, 07:52:34 PM »
Are you trying to ruin his campaign?  ;D

I was about to say, Alice should DEFINITELY endorse Pierre IG.  ;D

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: March 05, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »
I was about to say, Alice should DEFINITELY endorse Pierre IG.  ;D

Alice has no idea that elections are going on in D'Hara. She's too busy working with the grown ups.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: March 06, 2013, 01:51:27 AM »
Hireshmont knows better than to comment on D'haran elections. Vellos does too.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: March 06, 2013, 03:52:42 AM »
Good, the grown-up table can keep talking about politics and 401k's and stuff, and we D'Harans at the kids' table will have our fun.  ;)