Author Topic: What makes a D'haran?  (Read 144050 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a D'haran?
« Reply #165: March 07, 2013, 03:01:59 AM »
Machiavel didn't want to strip you of all of your titles, nor even be removed from the post permanently. He just felt that the odds of Luria Nova backing up on their word to attack Aurvandil and backstabbing D'Hara instead were lower if Pierre was ruler when Falkirk fell.   :-[

We should give each other a hug.  :-[

So, how has Machiavel's cosmology of Dwilight changed now that LN has done exactly what it said it was going to do, in spite of you Prime Minister's bumbling? Another conspiracy?  ;)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: March 07, 2013, 03:16:45 AM »
So, how has Machiavel's cosmology of Dwilight changed now that LN has done exactly what it said it was going to do, in spite of you Prime Minister's bumbling? Another conspiracy?  ;)

Clearly we're just plotting with Zuma and Aurvandillians to orchestrate a grand plot to SINK THE TOMB ISLANDS.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: March 07, 2013, 03:43:57 AM »
Clearly we're just plotting with Zuma and Aurvandillians to orchestrate a grand plot to SINK THE TOMB ISLANDS.

D'Hara's secret weakness is the plug at the bottom of the inner seas.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #168: March 07, 2013, 04:03:16 AM »
And snuggle. Every elder decision in the 'moot is made official by collective snuggling.  8)

This is true.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: March 07, 2013, 04:34:19 AM »

Never said LN would never participate. And I do know we were holding off LN's involvement, but that was an investment in solidarity to attract LV nobles to D'Hara. The more the merrier! Having loads of fun. :)

The question is how long LN will participate, and whether it will truly move on to Aurvandil after. And not jump on any of Rynn's ill-chosen words as an excuse to call off their involvement.

I'm afraid you misunderstand Machiavel.  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #170: March 07, 2013, 04:54:13 AM »
Lord Luriant: "Our threats/insults will blot out the sun!"  >:(

D'Haran Mootling: "Then we shall hug in the shade!"  ::)

*And they lived happily ever after*

Also, ya'll Lurians act like the bad relations B/w D-Town and L-ville were 100% Rynn's fault. I can tell you now, Alice helped. A lot.
As for Machiavel, did you know that latest spat between Rynn and Alice was caused entirely by you? I ain't mad, just sayin. Let's have dem hugz nao!  ;D

Also, interesting things going down in D'Hara, people. Interesting things.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: March 07, 2013, 04:59:02 AM »

Also, ya'll Lurians act like the bad relations B/w D-Town and L-ville were 100% Rynn's fault. I can tell you now, Alice helped. A lot.
As for Machiavel, did you know that latest spat between Rynn and Alice was caused entirely by you? I ain't mad, just sayin. Let's have dem hugz nao!  ;D

Excessive hugging is grounds for war.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #172: March 07, 2013, 05:00:17 AM »

True, shame on me for assuming good will on their part. I did counter-attack by sending them hugs by mail, however.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: March 07, 2013, 08:42:12 AM »
I didn't know knights could vote. In hindsight, it seems obvious that it would lead to a lot of votes for Rynn. My whole campaign was based on annihilating any revanchist feeling that could come from the Vesperians….. Had I known I would have reached out to them.

Also half my campaign messages were sent to Lords only….. :-(
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #174: March 07, 2013, 09:25:10 AM »
I'm not even in D'hara anymore and I was vividly aware all nobles could vote for Prime Minister.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #175: March 07, 2013, 09:38:21 AM »
I'm not even in D'hara anymore and I was vividly aware all nobles could vote for Prime Minister.

I live and I learn.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #176: March 07, 2013, 10:11:29 AM »
It is apart of the election message...

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #177: March 07, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
It is apart of the election message...

Real men don't read manuals.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #178: March 07, 2013, 01:11:07 PM »
I didn't know knights could vote. In hindsight, it seems obvious that it would lead to a lot of votes for Rynn. My whole campaign was based on annihilating any revanchist feeling that could come from the Vesperians….. Had I known I would have reached out to them.

Also half my campaign messages were sent to Lords only….. :-(

I don't know how much that would have helped. Rynn reached out personally to every new noble D'Hara's had in the last 5 IG years, helping to mentor and situate them as part of his everyday routine. Founding the MC was an offshoot of his desire to meet that responsibility. Judging from how close the vote was, and how many lords endorsed Pierre, he would have trounced Rynn if the knights had been unable to support him as they did. But since the knights are a political factor in the PM race, any challenger will have a hard time if Rynn is not ready to go.

That being said, unless something tremendous happens, I'm fairly confident this will be his last run as PM for now. Almost all the other rulers have changed; the world itself is changing and Rynn knows his time is almost over.

"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: March 07, 2013, 05:24:32 PM »
So—and I mean this with love—it seems like Rynn is kind of a populist demagoge that's appealing to sympathies and elements within the body politic of D'Hara whose interests aren't really advanced with peace. Meanwhile, Pierre is the candidate of choice for the establishment, which is seeking to protect and maybe marginally improve its holdings. Is that an accurate read of the situation?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:32:58 PM by Solari »