Author Topic: Price of Unique Items  (Read 14452 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Price of Unique Items
« Reply #30: January 06, 2013, 08:37:57 PM »
Mmm... Girl Scout Cookies...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: January 06, 2013, 11:04:37 PM »
Well, it's true... some advy offered me the "something or other of the Foolish". I was like, yea, nah, I'll pass.

Mind you, I don't care for any unique item whatsoever, unless it provides a skill bonus. But as unique items aren't carried when one emigrates...

Scrolls are always cool, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: January 25, 2013, 07:46:45 PM »
I thought the hardest part was finding a unique item... but it's actually selling it!

I mean, I've asked maybe a high price to some nobles, but a unique item with 70% condition can last for long time. One of them even kicked me out of his region when he knew the price I was asking. C'mon, it's +7 prestige and +7 oratory skill!  :P

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: January 25, 2013, 09:23:26 PM »
I thought the hardest part was finding a unique item... but it's actually selling it!

I mean, I've asked maybe a high price to some nobles, but a unique item with 70% condition can last for long time. One of them even kicked me out of his region when he knew the price I was asking. C'mon, it's +7 prestige and +7 oratory skill!  :P

where?!!!

You certainly asked a bunch of nonreligious morons
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: January 25, 2013, 09:38:49 PM »
where?!!!

Enweil, Beluaterra. OK, maybe 180 gold coins was enough reason to be kicked out from a region  :D But I thought maybe a noble from a very wealthy family could be interested.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: January 25, 2013, 09:41:11 PM »
where?!!!

Even a courtier would benefit from oratory, I believe. I used to have a couple of good items, but they become too costly to repair.  That is why I would never buy any items again.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: January 25, 2013, 09:57:58 PM »
Even a courtier would benefit from oratory, I believe. I used to have a couple of good items, but they become too costly to repair.  That is why I would never buy any items again.

Courtiers don't benefit from this item, they use burocracy skill, not oratory.

Repairing them is idneed a bitch, but deterioration goes slower now a days.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: January 25, 2013, 09:58:53 PM »
Enweil, Beluaterra. OK, maybe 180 gold coins was enough reason to be kicked out from a region  :D But I thought maybe a noble from a very wealthy family could be interested.

Your character should get the !@#$ out of Enweil then. :P
Some items or scrolls could get you 300 gold in the right places.
Try Melhed :P

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: January 26, 2013, 01:23:00 AM »
Some items or scrolls could get you 300 gold in the right places.
Try Melhed :P

Or try Thalmarkin, where people actually enjoy their lives and pay better moneys. 8)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: January 26, 2013, 02:00:00 AM »
Well, both Melhed and Thalmarkin are quite afar from where my advy is. I wouldn't mind however to send him for a trip (wink) if you know there's some generous buyer (wink-wink) looking for a unique item to add to his collection (wink-wink-wink).

Hold a sec, think I've got something in my eye  :P

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: January 26, 2013, 02:07:07 AM »
Well, both Melhed and Thalmarkin are quite afar from where my advy is. I wouldn't mind however to send him for a trip (wink) if you know there's some generous buyer (wink-wink) looking for a unique item to add to his collection (wink-wink-wink).

Hold a sec, think I've got something in my eye  :P

Thalmarkin has a pretty neat advy culture, it's nice. I've got an advy there, working for the crown, making moneys like crazy.

And the money is good. People always buying anything they can get their hands on.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: January 26, 2013, 09:48:54 AM »
Courtiers don't benefit from this item, they use burocracy skill, not oratory.

Repairing them is idneed a bitch, but deterioration goes slower now a days.

Ah yes, you are right. I couldn't recall what they used offhand, and was thinking about the diplomat class (my character has been courtier, diplomat and priest, and I recalled that two overlapped).

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: January 26, 2013, 10:42:23 AM »
Back in the day I picked up a few awesome items for free by offering a ridiculous sum of money for them. You see, I was the Executioner of the Netherworld and felt like ruining some poor advy's day. I heard about an item called the Old Armour of Kings, it gave like +6 prestige. It sounded cool so I invited the advy to come to me (right before blighting began) and then arrested him, stole his money, tortured him a few times, stole the item and executed him. Did the same thing later when offered the Daimonic Banner of Conquest which gave around 10 prestige and something like 17% leadership. The bastard escaped when I tried to execute him though and I couldn't lure more advies into my trap after that. :p
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: January 26, 2013, 05:14:32 PM »
Back in the day I picked up a few awesome items for free by offering a ridiculous sum of money for them. You see, I was the Executioner of the Netherworld and felt like ruining some poor advy's day. I heard about an item called the Old Armour of Kings, it gave like +6 prestige. It sounded cool so I invited the advy to come to me (right before blighting began) and then arrested him, stole his money, tortured him a few times, stole the item and executed him. Did the same thing later when offered the Daimonic Banner of Conquest which gave around 10 prestige and something like 17% leadership. The bastard escaped when I tried to execute him though and I couldn't lure more advies into my trap after that. :p

Jesus Christ dude
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: January 26, 2013, 05:23:22 PM »
Mmm... evil. Kind of like those Huntsmen people that operated out of Terran on Dwilight, I think. They lured advies in, beat and arrested them, then had their judge torture and execute them. They had an SS they used to coordinate and share their "hunts", I think.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.