Author Topic: Exile should not block banishment  (Read 14063 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Exile should not block banishment
« Reply #30: May 10, 2011, 12:55:27 PM »
Not only is a judge unable to stop the loss of prestige by punishment it is also possible for the player of the exiled character to leave the realm and the game and even when the character is paused he can't be removed, still destroying the kings prestige.

That's a bug, and will be fixed.

When a ban would remove him in shorter time and that's not intended why make it possible anyway. What I mean is that I think the exile function wasn't intended to protect someone.

No, it was not intended to protect anyone. 

As I believe I have stated previously, it was intended to give the Ruler and his government something that they can do against people who cannot be banned.

So if you can ban someone...just ban them!

It's really bad in this case, because the judge (my character) asked the king for the permission of banishment when that character became known as traitor IC (OOC it was known much longer). The king agreed, but exiled the traitor before the judge had a chance to click the ban button. I know, it's a misfortune, but it's been more  than a month since then. The traitor became inactive and active again, we don't know where he is, ...

So, your king's an idiot.  Sorry, we haven't coded a cure for stupidity into BattleMaster.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan