Author Topic: Caelum  (Read 128707 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Caelum
« Reply #420: February 19, 2013, 06:47:06 AM »
This is hilarious.  :P

I wager he's more diplomatic for a while at least. Alaron should be a fair check.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #421: February 19, 2013, 06:48:37 AM »
Letter from Victus Draco Tanos   (just in)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (18 recipients)
Caelumi,

For those who supported me, I thank you.  For those who supported others who sought the throne, my condolences.  However let us work on restoring these lands to their historical peaks together.

I ask that the Magistrum Militum, the Justicarius, and the Quaestor approach me with an update on what Caelum needs in their professional opinions.  I ask that Dux Moonglum and Dux Gaius also contact me with what they believe their duchies need to thrive.

We shall see about obtaining foreign aid to fund our armies and restore some of our infrastructure.  We shall see Caelum rise to greater heights than its predecessors.

Together.

Sir Victus Draco Tanos
Grand Prince of Caelum
Ambassador of Caelum
Duke of the Meshian Plains
Earl of Mokut
Priest of Church of Humanity

Sounds like diplomacy it is, for now.  :'( I was looking forward to maniacal, victorious laughter: "You thought you could just toss me aside, like so much chaff? WELL GUESS WHO'S BACK, B*&^$ES!"

The realm is now a powder keg. It can be defused over time, but the question will be whether anything sets it off before that happens.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #422: February 19, 2013, 06:55:06 AM »
Honestly I expected Gaius to do better than Onamont.  Was tempted to reply to Vellos's claims to garner good relations with "As Grand Prince you would have armies come down on our heads while repeatedly insulting foreign leaders while demanding apologizes from them."

See, Victus is a strong adherent to order.  He doesn't respond well to a chaotic mob, believing such behavior is unbecoming nobility and civilized people.  He believes more can be accomplished through rational discussion than people screaming over each other.

We also have an all-Church of Humanity ruling council. 

Who voted for Victus.

Thanks for making my life easier with people my character can trust and rely on. ;D

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #423: February 19, 2013, 07:12:52 AM »
I'm surprised Victus won, personally. I thought Gaius would do better too.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #424: February 19, 2013, 07:24:55 AM »
Oh, I'm not surprised Victus won, really.  I truly did expect to be able to come ahead with other votes split between the others.  I was iffy with two candidates, but with three I knew he'd push ahead.

Though, again, I expected it to go Gaius with the second highest, Onamont with the third, and Ravenice in last.  No offense to Znowii's alt, but Ravenice isn't exactly the most...  Proactive seeming.  Especially compared to a Duke and, well, Onamont.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #425: February 19, 2013, 07:28:35 AM »
Meh; I thought Alaron and Ventus would vote for Onamont. And Traemlin too. If any of them swung for Victus, that would have been about enough.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #426: February 19, 2013, 11:51:21 AM »
Thing is (if anyone remembers Alaron's days on Dwilight) he's a bit of a snake. A politician through and through. The kind of person that I believe Onamont would actually despise if he knew the truth. Still, it now gives us some more fun with Victus. Who knows what will happen? ;D

Ventus, of course, is from Ravier's side of the family and therefore loyal to members of the Church. He's also young and impressionable, a bit like his oldest brother was.

Now, the next big issue: Henzo's use of a scroll in Sint...

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #427: February 19, 2013, 11:52:06 AM »
Now, the next big issue: Henzo's use of a scroll in Sint...

Do we know which scroll?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #428: February 19, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »
Do we know which scroll?

It seems to have been one of the summoning scrolls, based (ICly) on the battle report from Gihcelert that we got this turn - and (OOCly) by the fact that Gustav admitted to it in the scrolls thread.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #429: February 19, 2013, 12:41:46 PM »
It seems to have been one of the summoning scrolls, based (ICly) on the battle report from Gihcelert that we got this turn - and (OOCly) by the fact that Gustav admitted to it in the scrolls thread.

That horde in Gihalcert was a summoned one? It was a lot smaller than I expected. Didn't even scratch us.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #430: February 19, 2013, 12:53:49 PM »
So, Caelum is using scrolls in Sint and Melhed is trying to use scrolls in Nothoi... are thalmarkin the only ones trying them at home? :)

As well... this ought to spice up the situation a but... Victus doesnt like hemaism very much, Sint and Nothoi does... while again OG does not. This might be possible to cause some fun, while Melhed runs out of excuses for ignoring Thalmarkins taunts. If only there was a western war I hope Melhed would accept a 1-1 war... unless someone where to steal the fun :p
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #431: February 19, 2013, 01:40:35 PM »
This is an outcome I did not expected. With all the protests that toke him out of office, I guess I forgot to count on the church members.

One thing I can not understand is Ravenice running, after all the warnings of the relative on other realm ruler council. If it wasn't for that I think Onamont might have won.

Well it will be fun anyway...

[edit]: that is if he does not start to do everything on his own again.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:46:43 PM by Naidraug »
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432: February 19, 2013, 02:46:03 PM »
Hmm... prepare to be bored. :(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #433: February 19, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
Hmm... prepare to be bored. :(

yaaay...  :-\
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #434: February 19, 2013, 04:24:44 PM »
I could always challenge him to a death duel...