Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 180891 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #90: January 11, 2013, 11:08:25 PM »
Just saying I see you losing basically all power. Hopefully rebellion, maybe they all join Flowrestown's duchy and secede but same end result. You are being a tyrant in a republic, big no no. When its a republic, you shouldn't be saying the equalivant of I don't care what the people want, he insulted me so you can all screw off.

Republics aren't about what people want. They're about the realm's titans clashing for power in a perpetual armed peace.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: January 11, 2013, 11:08:45 PM »
... The time Bowie spent in the Morek Empire was his most honest and legitimate time -EVER.

Like an ex-con turning a new leaf  :D
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: January 11, 2013, 11:09:47 PM »
Republics aren't about what people want. They're about the realm's titans clashing for power in a perpetual armed peace.

Best line ever.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: January 11, 2013, 11:10:37 PM »
...Bowie Ironsides got extremely impatient within six hours of the act of secession and began causing dissent to the point that he had threatened Sevastian's Ducal Seat (which Sevastian has held for far longer than he's even known Bowie).

He man, I felt the need to do my part in creating a realm I was involved in planning since the summer time. Sure you had said you were going to do things, but I asked you to step aside and let me do it. You refused!
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: January 11, 2013, 11:11:36 PM »
He man, I felt the need to do my part in creating a realm I was involved in planning since the summer time. Sure you had said you were going to do things, but I asked you to step aside and let me do it. You refused!

Hey Bowie, so you'll need a new Duke after you win....I've always liked the mountains....just saying.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: January 11, 2013, 11:14:17 PM »

Well we are hiring a new Chancellor (judge), and since it is not allowed for the ruler (which is supposed to be Bowie) to hold lands it looks like we're hiring a new Duke too!

Send in your resume with references and we'll review it! Perhaps slip a bag of twenty gold pieces to get your papers to the top of the pile  ;) Couldn't hurt...

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: January 11, 2013, 11:15:20 PM »
The point of insulting Sevastian is to prove he's nothing to me. He says "oh, I'm a Duke. Oh, I'm in charge with the plan. I'm in control, oh, you're just a little knight and there is nothing you can do about it. Pish posh look at my rear end." Well, I can sure as hell insult him publicly!

So... In order to prove he is nothing, you spend ample amounts of time writing poop jokes because you think Sevastian can be manipulated by such simple means? Bowie insulting him publicly only proves how desperate and feeble Bowie's grasp is on what is happening around him. He stepped too far trying to toy with Sevastian's sandbox.

The hard facts, regardless of how it is interpreted is that Sevastian was given the power and allegiance of a group of people in order to establish Swordfell. Before finishing that establishment and before the formal election (the one the game forces, not the referendum you slipped by in months ago), that would occur if Sevastian did step down, Bowie went off the deep end and began stirring up trouble. Now Sevastian is in a relatively untouchable position, and doesn't have to worry about Bowie.

Sevastian is loyal to the church, Morek, and Luria. He is the ideal candidate to keep people from attacking...

Except maybe those pesky D'Harans....

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: January 11, 2013, 11:17:33 PM »
Hey Bowie, so you'll need a new Duke after you win....I've always liked the mountains....just saying.
That was just great. Btw I doubt it will happen but both I and my character like Brom much more than Sevastion. No offense Woelfy.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:23:48 PM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: January 11, 2013, 11:19:26 PM »
That was just great. Btw I doubt it will happen as both I and my character like Brom much more than Sevastion. No offense Woelfy.

I'm more than happy to have Brom around in mah kingdom. :D

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: January 11, 2013, 11:19:55 PM »
Well we are hiring a new Chancellor (judge), and since it is not allowed for the ruler (which is supposed to be Bowie) to hold lands it looks like we're hiring a new Duke too!

Send in your resume with references and we'll review it! Perhaps slip a bag of twenty gold pieces to get your papers to the top of the pile  ;) Couldn't hurt...

Well last time I was judge my defense of the realm caused the realm to be destroyed. Nasty things bans can be.

The time before that I helped ban someone who had tried to assassinate my Queen. Later on I got kicked out of that realm twice by two different groups of people.

Oh, and if you let me join as Judge we'll have the Astroists in the north hate you, and the Lurians in the south hate me. Balance, in Balance's Retreat. Its perfect.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: January 11, 2013, 11:20:42 PM »
Ok fine Woelfy, you can hold on to your titles and lands all you want but you're doing it all alone. And it will only be a matter of time before you're plucked out on account of you usurping our realm...so....hm.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: January 11, 2013, 11:21:55 PM »
...Oh, and if you let me join as Judge we'll have the Astroists in the north hate you, and the Lurians in the south hate me....

How can I turn away someone with those credentials! And that kind of cloud around him! We'd be as close as brothers!

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: January 11, 2013, 11:22:57 PM »
Ok fine Woelfy, you can hold on to your titles and lands all you want but you're doing it all alone. And it will only be a matter of time before you're plucked out on account of you usurping our realm...so....hm.

Smh.

You really don't have any idea what's going on...

Realm wasn't usurped. Realm is being guided properly by someone not out solely for personal status and a bit of fame.

Particularly when said person has already vocalized their interests to destroy the established order.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: January 11, 2013, 11:23:17 PM »
So... In order to prove he is nothing, you spend ample amounts of time writing poop jokes because you think Sevastian can be manipulated by such simple means? Bowie insulting him publicly only proves how desperate and feeble Bowie's grasp is on what is happening around him. He stepped too far trying to toy with Sevastian's sandbox.

The hard facts, regardless of how it is interpreted is that Sevastian was given the power and allegiance of a group of people in order to establish Swordfell. Before finishing that establishment and before the formal election (the one the game forces, not the referendum you slipped by in months ago), that would occur if Sevastian did step down, Bowie went off the deep end and began stirring up trouble. Now Sevastian is in a relatively untouchable position, and doesn't have to worry about Bowie.

Sevastian is loyal to the church, Morek, and Luria. He is the ideal candidate to keep people from attacking...

Except maybe those pesky D'Harans....
@first paragraph from the sounds of it, what Bowie was going for worked as you are having a tantrum in response from everything I have seen.
@second paragraph, AFAIK, you were only the one to found the realm because you whined about making the capital Balance's Retreat but my info is limited on this.
@last part, I think Morekians actually like Bowie more and I don't see Luria liking you that much considering you ditched them. As to the D'hara bit, you are right, as soon as we saw you were ruler everybody in House of Lords started freaking out until they were informed that Bowie was going to be ruler, not Sevastion.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: January 11, 2013, 11:24:36 PM »
I'm more than happy to have Brom around in mah kingdom. :D
You just called the realm your kingdom and then try and say you are not usurping a republic.
― G.K. Chesterton