Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 180857 times)

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #120: January 11, 2013, 11:45:38 PM »
They might hate him but they think he will be a good ruler so that makes them all half crazy half awesome.

guess we need to work harder if we are only Half Crazy awesome.  Got to work towards complet crazy awsome.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: January 11, 2013, 11:46:01 PM »
What's even funnier is that a lot of them are Astromancers! And we all know how Bowie feels toward that political party! And he still won the election. Things that makes you go, hm.
There has been quite the debate in SA about it but you have been continually defended by those of Swordfell and Morek as they basically say that you won't hurt the church and if you do they will take control of the situation or have Morek aid them in taking control if needed.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: January 11, 2013, 11:49:46 PM »
Yep, this new realm just has to die it seems.

Perhaps Brom should join to help it along.

(P.S. Check the new signature for reference. Ironsides, I've included my updated resume there)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: January 11, 2013, 11:50:45 PM »
There has been quite the debate in SA about it but you have been continually defended by those of Swordfell and Morek as they basically say that you won't hurt the church and if you do they will take control of the situation or have Morek aid them in taking control if needed.

I've seen auto de fe's at work and they are ruthless. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid. It's still funny to me that they've seen me politiking against their religion and they allow me the top post. *blush, I'm embarrassed.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: January 11, 2013, 11:54:10 PM »
I hope the chance increases if lords change duchy as that is what I was suggesting would happen first.

Why the lords have not changed back I do not know.  I have yet to bring it up.  By all rights an this is something I think all involved would agree on.  By all rights Sevastians duchy should have two regions.  We shall see what happens in coming days.  I will say things are interesting and fun. Its about time too.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: January 11, 2013, 11:56:39 PM »
Once again it appears that you and you alone are doing deals without involving the realm.  A bad thing for the Ruler of a republic.  Trust was placed in you and looks like it was misplaced if you are so bent out of shape because of what one man does.  The realm is more then just you and Bowie but this is basically turned into a pissing contest.

The members who have been devoted to the Courts knew full well of sevastian's plan to remain lurian. As the Courts of Stone have always been independent, Sevastian can do what he pleases with his land within the law. Only his Vassals have weight in ducal matters.

A shock, right? A Duke finally acting the part of one?

Now Sevastian has been harassed enough into just saying '!@#$ it' and doing what is necessary for the successful survival of Swordfell in the geopolitical cluster!@#$ that is central Toprak.

Please keep characters and individuals seperate. I am not my character, nor do I claim to own Swordfell.

My character claims the Divides, as every single person will tell you... But I,Woelfy, am not my character.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: January 11, 2013, 11:58:37 PM »
Well we are hiring a new Chancellor (judge), and since it is not allowed for the ruler (which is supposed to be Bowie) to hold lands it looks like we're hiring a new Duke too!

Send in your resume with references and we'll review it! Perhaps slip a bag of twenty gold pieces to get your papers to the top of the pile  ;) Couldn't hurt...

Urgh, not non-landed ruler rules!

Dukes need not be lords, though...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: January 12, 2013, 12:01:17 AM »
I've seen auto de fe's at work and they are ruthless. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid. It's still funny to me that they've seen me politiking against their religion and they allow me the top post. *blush, I'm embarrassed.
The argument was then was that you would indirectly get rid of the church's influence by appointing nobles outside of SA duke so that they could in turn appoint lords that were outside of SA and then there would no longer be enough SA lords to keep you in check, though that would become where Morek would get involved if you did anything directly against SA like allowed temples of other faiths or destroyed SA temples. Also as to the politicking against SA and you get the the top spot, they had two main points, they trust you as far as secular matters go basically and that whether or not they at of SA does not change whether they will hurt the church because Allison was of the church yet did much damage and was bad/evil/whatever.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: January 12, 2013, 12:04:56 AM »
The argument was then was that you would indirectly get rid of the church's influence by appointing nobles outside of SA duke so that they could in turn appoint lords that were outside of SA and then there would no longer be enough SA lords to keep you in check, ....

Ohh, well they installed a law that says only temples of SA can be created in Swordfell. Of course I argued that, they pretty much won a monopoly of religion in the realm even the creation of new religions, but the community outweighed me. Frown. Shrug. So I guess they covered that base.

I really don't mind the religion. It's when it decides who can and can't do things in the realm that really irks Bowie. The theocratic side, not the spiritual side. Anyone read the Ashrak Imperialist? That was an anti-theocratic work at my finest!
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: January 12, 2013, 12:07:22 AM »
The members who have been devoted to the Courts knew full well of sevastian's plan to remain lurian. As the Courts of Stone have always been independent, Sevastian can do what he pleases with his land within the law. Only his Vassals have weight in ducal matters.

A shock, right? A Duke finally acting the part of one?

Now Sevastian has been harassed enough into just saying '!@#$ it' and doing what is necessary for the successful survival of Swordfell in the geopolitical cluster!@#$ that is central Toprak.

Please keep characters and individuals seperate. I am not my character, nor do I claim to own Swordfell.

My character claims the Divides, as every single person will tell you... But I,Woelfy, am not my character.
You are acting more like you are your realm than acting like a duke. Also, maybe every member of the courts before the forced change if allegiance but I doubt every member of Swordfell knew that you were going to say you basically own the realm because all but Flowrestown is in your duchy and you have supreme rule within your duchy. You say your character has been forced to say !@#$ it and do what is best for Swordfell but firstly you are creating division between the entire realm which is bad and secondly please quit saying you are doing what's best and literally say what you are doing so I can know if your character is lying his ass off basically because he usurping the realm or whatever is actually happening. Lastly, I may say you but don't be so picky when you know I am referring to your character.
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: January 12, 2013, 12:07:48 AM »
A far greater and realistic threat for Morek is having a bunch of their realm leave their sphere of influence to join the Lurians. It's effectively a lurian takeover of southern Morek.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: January 12, 2013, 12:11:31 AM »
Ohh, well they installed a law that says only temples of SA can be created in Swordfell. Of course I argued that, they pretty much won a monopoly of religion in the realm even the creation of new religions, but the community outweighed me. Frown. Shrug. So I guess they covered that base.

I really don't mind the religion. It's when it decides who can and can't do things in the realm that really irks Bowie. The theocratic side, not the spiritual side. Anyone read the Ashrak Imperialist? That was an anti-theocratic work at my finest!
This arguing was after they knew about that law because you might as ruler become a tyrant and attack the church/break the laws or something. As to the not minding the religion but the theocratic side that basically why SA is awesome, it's takes charge instead of doing nothing though IC you should eventually show you are not antiSA, that you just don't want them telling you what to do because everyone thinks you are an enemy of the church.  As to the Ashrak Imperialist, I usually did read it and found it an interesting read and relatively well formatted.
― G.K. Chesterton

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: January 12, 2013, 12:12:25 AM »
You are acting more like you are your realm than acting like a duke. Also, maybe every member of the courts before the forced change if allegiance but I doubt every member of Swordfell knew that you were going to say you basically own the realm because all but Flowrestown is in your duchy and you have supreme rule within your duchy. You say your character has been forced to say !@#$ it and do what is best for Swordfell but firstly you are creating division between the entire realm which is bad and secondly please quit saying you are doing what's best and literally say what you are doing so I can know if your character is lying his ass off basically because he usurping the realm or whatever is actually happening. Lastly, I may say you but don't be so picky when you know I am referring to your character.

Perhaps that is the real reason that Sevastian returned the Duchy of Flowerstwon so he could plot and plan behind Abbigal and Bowies back:)

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: January 12, 2013, 12:14:29 AM »
A far greater and realistic threat for Morek is having a bunch of their realm leave their sphere of influence to join the Lurians. It's effectively a lurian takeover of southern Morek.

As of right now that would be true,  though think that may be working on being changed.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: January 12, 2013, 12:16:53 AM »
This arguing was after they knew about that law because you might as ruler become a tyrant and attack the church/break the laws or something. As to the not minding the religion but the theocratic side that basically why SA is awesome, it's takes charge instead of doing nothing though IC you should eventually show you are not antiSA, that you just don't want them telling you what to do because everyone thinks you are an enemy of the church....

Nah, I don't want to smash the religion out. Swordfell, a Republic and not a Theocracy, was a victory enough for me!

Well Bowie can't just turn his coat regarding SA. He existed before they had real power and watched their rise, and he took his position based on that. But that's an old old story. So ya! Fun times!