Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 180884 times)

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #150: January 12, 2013, 02:06:36 AM »
So when is the next election for ruler in Swordfell?

With the current setup there is the biggest problem in the world. The election will not happen untill Sevastion steps down.  Which means for the moment Swordfell is basically screwed and  stuck with Sevastian as a Ruler.

On a seperate note.  How are elections set up are the hardcoded by type of governement or does the ruler get to decide the length of time and who gets to vote?

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: January 12, 2013, 02:12:05 AM »
It does to me.
see>
Only a true Lurian could make that statement with a straight face.

I'm hoping either we get a full on civil war or things calm down and you both stay in the realm with an ever growing feud between you. I see Balances Retreat and Flowrestown going to war...either literally or politically.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: January 12, 2013, 02:12:28 AM »
With the current setup there is the biggest problem in the world. The election will not happen untill Sevastion steps down.  Which means for the moment Swordfell is basically screwed and  stuck with Sevastian as a Ruler.

On a seperate note.  How are elections set up are the hardcoded by type of governement or does the ruler get to decide the length of time and who gets to vote?
i thought if you founded a republic it automatically does the quarterly system though it can all be changed by ruler. Check the realm page under info page to see if is set up with elections already or if its still appointment for realm council and election once for ruler.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: January 12, 2013, 02:13:42 AM »

Swordfell is blessed to be 'stuck' with Sevastian. Infinitely better than having Bowie and his poop jokes on the throne,

Yes, rulers get to establish those details.

* Woelfy is chuckling evilly.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: January 12, 2013, 02:15:12 AM »
see>
I'm hoping either we get a full on civil war or things calm down and you both stay in the realm with an ever growing feud between you. I see Balances Retreat and Flowrestown going to war...either literally or politically.
Brom is not apart of Swordfell and I am pretty sure Abbigail doesn't plan fighting either, so who you think is in power in certain positions is off as Bowie, lord of nothing last I check is the one with the feud.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: January 12, 2013, 02:16:56 AM »
Swordfell is blessed to be 'stuck' with Sevastian. Infinitely better than having Bowie and his poop jokes on the throne,

Yes, rulers get to establish those details.

* Woelfy is chuckling evilly.
Wait, if there are no elections and you don't plan on stepping down, you are totally usurping the realm in the biggest way possible when apart of a republic.
― G.K. Chesterton

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: January 12, 2013, 02:21:02 AM »
So how long before anyone can secede a duchy or protest the ruler? Does this become a waiting game or does Sevastian hold all the chips?

Brom is not apart of Swordfell and I am pretty sure Abbigail doesn't plan fighting either, so who you think is in power in certain positions is off as Bowie, lord of nothing last I check is the one with the feud.

Eh, I think Abbigail would be fighting mad if she didn't get her election. You have to let women say what they want, else their wrath is legend.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: January 12, 2013, 02:23:37 AM »
Wait, if there are no elections and you don't plan on stepping down, you are totally usurping the realm in the biggest way possible when apart of a republic.

Yes, at this point I'm turning a republic into an imperial republic. Well, my character is. But none of this is IG yet.

I'm rather disappointed that it came down to this, I was looking forward to basically retiring Sevastian and hanging out in my region building.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: January 12, 2013, 02:28:53 AM »
So how long before anyone can secede a duchy or protest the ruler? Does this become a waiting game or does Sevastian hold all the chips?

Eh, I think Abbigail would be fighting mad if she didn't get her election. You have to let women say what they want, else their wrath is legend.

Yes, Sevastian currently holds all the chips.  I thought that had been established long ago when it was stated that while he may not be Judge and able to ban people that  he was the ruler and what he said goes. or something to that effect.

We will need to wait and  see if Abbigal gets fighting mad.  Just like Sevastian was pusshed by Bowie.  What Sevastian is doing pushes others to do things they may not have been willing to do before.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: January 12, 2013, 02:29:50 AM »
Yes, at this point I'm turning a republic into an imperial republic. Well, my character is. But none of this is IG yet.

I'm rather disappointed that it came down to this, I was looking forward to basically retiring Sevastian and hanging out in my region building.
Don't worry I don't see the realm sitting by doing nothing when you usurp their realm.
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: January 12, 2013, 02:31:15 AM »
We will need to wait and  see if Abbigal gets fighting mad.  Just like Sevastian was pusshed by Bowie.  What Sevastian is doing pushes others to do things they may not have been willing to do before.
Like protest, rebel, or get as many region you can and secede.
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: January 12, 2013, 02:31:57 AM »
Don't worry I don't see the realm sitting by doing nothing when you usurp their realm.

We get it penchant, you are on board the Bowie dissent train. Your opinions are duly noted, and dismissed. And for God's sake, knock off the double posts.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: January 12, 2013, 02:34:35 AM »

Heck I think most of Swordfell would actually love the idea of a imperial republic.  Though the problem is you basically must  upspur the throne in order do do so since that is not what was decided upon before hand.

Heck  there is still a chance for Sevastian to retire in peace..... but that would make things awfully quiet.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: January 12, 2013, 02:37:56 AM »
Heck I think most of Swordfell would actually love the idea of a imperial republic.  Though the problem is you basically must  upspur the throne in order do do so since that is not what was decided upon before hand.

Heck  there is still a chance for Sevastian to retire in peace..... but that would make things awfully quiet.

Well good, seems Sevastian just needs to find the proper delivery system for it.

Retirement in peace is a very minimal chance at this point, and you are right, it'd be too quiet. May as well keep on the path we are on.

I do wish it had come a few weeks in at least. Oh well, my character is in the best possible position for it.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: January 12, 2013, 02:38:20 AM »
Like protest, rebel, or get as many region you can and secede.

The first two may happen depending on things go.  The last one is not something that Abbigail would do.  She ha already decided to invest her life in Swordfell.  Also I tried playing with the buttons and as it stand right now Abbigail's Duchy can not be switched as it is the last city.