Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 180893 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #285: January 15, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »
Sun Hall didn't secede though, it just switched allegiance.

I'm dumb. Indirik is right, though.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #286: January 15, 2013, 07:24:31 PM »
Solari! Answer mah question!

Can the duchy with the Stronghold do anything though? Ie, legally switch to a different realm? It leaves the realm with a city.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287: January 15, 2013, 07:47:39 PM »
Can the duchy with the Stronghold do anything though? Ie, legally switch to a different realm? It leaves the realm with a city.
Why not? So long as the realm is left with at least one city/stronghold, I don't see why any duchy would not be allowed to switch allegiance.

For the most part, there are only two significant differences between cities and strongholds:
1) A stronghold does not have a bank, unless it's the capital.
2) A stronghold cannot secede. The duchy that is seceding must have a city in it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #288: January 15, 2013, 07:57:08 PM »
Woefly was the H\P loss due to protest less then you stepping down?

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #289: January 15, 2013, 07:58:24 PM »
Why not? So long as the realm is left with at least one city/stronghold, I don't see why any duchy would not be allowed to switch allegiance.

For the most part, there are only two significant differences between cities and strongholds:
1) A stronghold does not have a bank, unless it's the capital.
2) A stronghold cannot secede. The duchy that is seceding must have a city in it.

Perfect, thanks Indirik.

Screw you Solari!!  ;D

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #290: January 15, 2013, 08:04:14 PM »
BR can't secede or switch allegiance because it is our capital. We got you pinned that way. Just have to pluck you out of your seat and pop the champagne!  :-*
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #291: January 15, 2013, 08:13:31 PM »
BR can't secede or switch allegiance because it is our capital. We got you pinned that way. Just have to pluck you out of your seat and pop the champagne!  :-*

Umm, I've got the option to leave you and your delusions right now mate. Not pinned, and you sure aren't getting me out of that seat. Ruler won't be able to take me out of my ducal throne after election. You really didn't think this through, IMHO.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #292: January 15, 2013, 08:20:19 PM »
Umm, I've got the option to leave you and your delusions right now mate. Not pinned, and you sure aren't getting me out of that seat. Ruler won't be able to take me out of my ducal throne after election. You really didn't think this through, IMHO.

I'm sorry, but if you have the option to change the allegiance of the Duchy of Courts of Stone, that's a serious bug, and taking advantage of it is an exploit just as bad as what happened with Solaria.

Edit: Further evidence has shown this to be total BS. Please disregard it entirely.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 03:55:23 PM by Anaris »
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #293: January 15, 2013, 08:33:27 PM »
I'm sorry, but if you have the option to change the allegiance of the Duchy of Courts of Stone, that's a serious bug, and taking advantage of it is an exploit just as bad as what happened with Solaria.

Ruler won't be able to take me out of my ducal throne after election.
Assuming the judge doesn't look to ban him, it looks like Sevastian is stuck with Swordfell and Swordfell is stuck with Sevastian. I am pleased by this.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #294: January 15, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »
Assuming the judge doesn't look to ban him, it looks like Sevastian is stuck with Swordfell and Swordfell is stuck with Sevastian. I am pleased by this.

Judge can't ban me. Royal status. #foresightforthewin

K. Had to check, that option is out, but there are still a lot open. Thanks delvin.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #295: January 16, 2013, 12:34:01 AM »
Why does a fresh ruler being protested out keep royal status? This makes no sense. Had he stepped down, he shouldn't have gotten it. Why does being protested out allow him to keep it?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296: January 16, 2013, 12:50:52 AM »
Why? They have another duchy, which contains another city. I was under the understanding that the capital changing allegiance was an allowed move.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #297: January 16, 2013, 02:11:00 AM »
Question does it show who is a Royal?  Or is the character just flagged as a royal and can not be baned by the judge?

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #298: January 16, 2013, 02:59:09 AM »
Question does it show who is a Royal?  Or is the character just flagged as a royal and can not be baned by the judge?

... I fear Swordfell is doomed. smh.

The game shows who is a royal. Easiest way to see it, that I know of, is on army info screen.

Yes, royals can't be banned by judges.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #299: January 16, 2013, 03:06:19 AM »
Thank you, I thought I had seen it someplace where ranks where shown but I could not remember where.