Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 180890 times)

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #345: January 19, 2013, 08:40:59 PM »
OH NO. SOMEONE WITH SELF-INTEREST! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

I do not mind self interests, though complete self interest is where this is a problem.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: January 19, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »
I do not mind self interests, though complete self interest is where this is a problem.
Like having a bunch of self interests and giving priority to those that happen to coincide with the realms interests.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #347: January 19, 2013, 09:23:49 PM »
Like having a bunch of self interests and giving priority to those that happen to coincide with the realms interests.

I am more in line of making sure self interests to not interfear with realm interests.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: January 19, 2013, 09:42:42 PM »
I am more in line of making sure self interests to not interfear with realm interests.

Why are you playing Battlemaster, then?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #349: January 19, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »

Because battlemaster is a team game.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #350: January 19, 2013, 10:02:25 PM »

It's Battlemaster, not Battlemasters.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #351: January 19, 2013, 10:40:07 PM »

Well yeah.

Kinda.

And what team? Your realm doesn't have to be your only team. Indeed, it probably shouldn't be. That would really, really narrow the experience of the game.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #352: January 19, 2013, 10:47:09 PM »
Well yeah.

Kinda.

And what team? Your realm doesn't have to be your only team. Indeed, it probably shouldn't be. That would really, really narrow the experience of the game.
is that not what the rest of the realms are for to plot against.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #353: January 19, 2013, 11:15:30 PM »
is that not what the rest of the realms are for to plot against.

No.... no not at all.

Realms are a team. So are religions. So are guilds. So are duchies, and regions. So are loose confederations of interests. So are alliances.

BM has no fundamental and obvious and determinate "team" to which all players should subscribe.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #354: January 19, 2013, 11:15:48 PM »
It may be far more fun to plot against my own ruler than an enemy one.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #355: January 19, 2013, 11:59:57 PM »
It may be far more fun to plot against my own ruler than an enemy one.

Simple because it's more feasible to plot against your own ruler.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #356: January 20, 2013, 12:31:23 AM »

Now you see what I've been dealing with. God it's annoying to have a chokehold on my proudest character. Although, jaeger is quickly moving up in the 'proud !@#$%^&' ranks.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #357: January 20, 2013, 12:51:12 AM »
I'm happy with the diversity. Abbigal plays the 'everyone work together' mother, Bowie plays the insulting younger brother, Sevastian plays the smug older brother. It's what I had hoped to see from an Astroist, Demon, and Lurian. So far everyone else is more quiet, but just as interesting.

If we can get over the hump of actually developing enough to be worth fighting over, then it'll get real interesting.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #358: January 20, 2013, 12:57:53 AM »
Now you see what I've been dealing with. God it's annoying to have a chokehold on my proudest character. Although, jaeger is quickly moving up in the 'proud !@#$%^&' ranks.

And with this being such an open ended game there is only one way to play it?  With some exceptions I do not think there is a wrong way to play.

Yet this is the first time I have been flat out told/implied that I am playing this game wrong. 

Also you complain about having a chokehold on your proudest character but you do not have a problem doing the same to Iornside's Charcter.

I would say the main difference between Sevastian and Bowie's ability to be stubborn asses is that Bowie will start with the insults and bad jokes quickly which are some times in poor taste.  Yet its just a game.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:03:28 AM by Pike »

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #359: January 20, 2013, 01:08:04 AM »
I'm happy with the diversity. Abbigal plays the 'everyone work together' mother, Bowie plays the insulting younger brother, Sevastian plays the smug older brother. It's what I had hoped to see from an Astroist, Demon, and Lurian. So far everyone else is more quiet, but just as interesting.

If we can get over the hump of actually developing enough to be worth fighting over, then it'll get real interesting.

This comment I somewhat Like because its about right.  Though Abbigal is an Astroist she might get upset about being listed as one compared to the Demon and Lurian.