Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 180899 times)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #390: January 20, 2013, 07:36:21 AM »
Still, you're going to have to unignore us (Abbigal at least) in order to get anywhere. What purpose do you have in being in Swordfell as a subversive? You make your own realm within our realm? Somethings gotta give.

What would you like to see happen, Woelfy? Your best case outcome?

Meh. We'll see. Bowie doesn't have to be unignored period. Abbigal isn't physically ignored, Sevastian just isn't bothering to reply. Dead messengers is dead messengers. Also, can we keep the Ooc bs down to a minimum in game? That'd be great, thx.

Subversive? Nope. Free-thinking. He is all about increasing the power of the Realm. He is just suspicious of certain people within it for working with Bowie and Tarajist, let alone Allison.

And whoever said I have a plan for Sevastian anymore? Tossing the dice in the air and playing them how they fall is what makes a game fun. Chaos at it's best.

I wouldn't be paid, much less pay, to watch your show, Bowie.

+1
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:39:54 AM by Woelfy »

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #391: January 20, 2013, 09:06:58 AM »
I wouldn't be paid, much less pay, to watch your show, Bowie.

Oh ya? You underestimate my knack for showbiz ! Get a load of this:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Ironsides_Family/Bowie/Lock_Jaw
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Thalryn

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #392: January 20, 2013, 09:27:39 AM »
I'm not underestimating your knack for showbiz. Rather, it seems I underestimated the extent of your need to demonstrate your immaturity.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #393: January 20, 2013, 09:52:39 AM »
Speaking as an outside audience, Sev's immaturity is just as equal as Bowie's in this funny Swordfell matter.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #394: January 20, 2013, 10:03:18 AM »
Speaking as an outside audience, Sev's immaturity is just as equal as Bowie's in this funny Swordfell matter.

My character is entitled to be as childish and upset as he desires.

A. He's mad. (as a hatter)
B. someone threatened his sandbox.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:23:22 AM by Woelfy »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #395: January 20, 2013, 04:38:32 PM »
My character is entitled to be as childish and upset as he desires.

A. He's mad. (as a hatter)
B. someone threatened his sandbox.
A. Bowie is mad (maybe more than a hatter)
B. Someone borrowed Bowie's sandbox and didn't give it back when he asked. Who cares about plans, he is medieval noble and wants his sandbox back.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #396: January 20, 2013, 07:18:17 PM »
It's more of a fancy headdress. I mean, Malus and Sevastian were never Kings, just Arbiters. PeL had a real crown, but I'd probably have to tango with Saul for it.

Nope. Alanna still has the original Lurian Crown ;D

She was attacked on the road while still Queen (by a group of peasants who had heard about the plot to overthrow her, but gotten the wrong idea in their heads—though Alanna still believes they were sent deliberately by Koli and his people), and when she escaped from them she still had the Crown with her. It's been kicking around in her luggage ever since.

She's sort of hoping to add some extra fancy bits to it someday to wear again when she's officially made Empress.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #397: January 20, 2013, 07:57:10 PM »
A. Bowie is mad (maybe more than a hatter)
B. Someone borrowed Bowie's sandbox and didn't give it back when he asked. Who cares about plans, he is medieval noble and wants his sandbox back.

A. Bowie is an idiot, not mad. Large difference.

B. Bowie gave up his sandbox. He was a Margrave and stepped down instead of fighting for the seceding Ducal Seat. His threat is why Sevastian refused to step down. My sandbox.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #398: January 20, 2013, 08:03:36 PM »
A. Bowie is an idiot, not mad. Large difference.

B. Bowie gave up his sandbox. He was a Margrave and stepped down instead of fighting for the seceding Ducal Seat. His threat is why Sevastian refused to step down. My sandbox.
A. How do you know Bowie is not more of mad that seems idiotic
B. Swordfell is his sandbox and that you wouldn't give. Also, you say you give equal treatment but he could have fought for your ducal seat and took your sandbox but instead he didn't and you repay him by not giving his sandbox back.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #399: January 20, 2013, 08:12:41 PM »
A. How do you know Bowie is not more of mad that seems idiotic
B. Swordfell is his sandbox and that you wouldn't give. Also, you say you give equal treatment but he could have fought for your ducal seat and took your sandbox but instead he didn't and you repay him by not giving his sandbox back.

A. Based on his actions and words. Duh.

B. It was only his sandbox in word, never in fact. I refused to give Swordfell to him after he threatened Sevastian's region and duchy. How could he have fought for my ducal seat penchant? He couldnt. I repaid his threats with decisive action. He threatened Sevastian, Sevastian ruined his bid for the crown. Simple.

You really overestimate your puppeteer. ;)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #400: January 20, 2013, 08:17:13 PM »
A. Based on his actions and words. Duh.

B. It was only his sandbox in word, never in fact. I refused to give Swordfell to him after he threatened Sevastian's region and duchy. How could he have fought for my ducal seat penchant? He couldnt. I repaid his threats with decisive action. He threatened Sevastian, Sevastian ruined his bid for the crown. Simple.

You really overestimate your puppeteer. ;)
A. You are completely biased so can't really take a sound judgement on that
B. Maybe. Could you quote what exactly he says is threatening your duchy and region? I am the rightful ruler so Sevastion needs to step down so I can found the realm in BR as he wants. You act like you are the innocent victim in this when it is equally at minimum your fault. He is not even close to being my "puppeteer"
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:18:47 PM by Penchant »
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #401: January 20, 2013, 08:32:56 PM »
Of course I'm biased, you are talking to me about my opinion of a character in a game.

The order of events was Bowie demanding Sevastian step down within hours of secession, an obvious breach of the agreed order of events placed by the Fellish Assembly. After repeated attempts to calm Bowie and to try and get him to be patient, he threatened Sevastian's Ducal Seat and Lordship seat. That is when Sevastian dug in and refused to step down from the Ruler post. I by no means am playing my character as an 'innocent victim'. He made particular decisions in particular situations and has to pay for it. But by no means did I instigate this mentally deficient situation.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #402: January 20, 2013, 08:42:37 PM »
Of course I'm biased, you are talking to me about my opinion of a character in a game.

The order of events was Bowie demanding Sevastian step down within hours of secession, an obvious breach of the agreed order of events placed by the Fellish Assembly. After repeated attempts to calm Bowie and to try and get him to be patient, he threatened Sevastian's Ducal Seat and Lordship seat. That is when Sevastian dug in and refused to step down from the Ruler post. I by no means am playing my character as an 'innocent victim'. He made particular decisions in particular situations and has to pay for it. But by no means did I instigate this mentally deficient situation.
Someone being mad is not considered an opinion but a fact IMO. To the rest, if you can provide quotes to support it I will believe you but I kinda doubt you were attempting to calm him as you were just saying F off, this is my throne until I get what was decided upon done. For quotes, if you choose to provide them I am not meaning a full letter but just a quoted sentence supporting your claim. If you want to provide more than a sentence that is good too.
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #403: January 20, 2013, 08:51:49 PM »
Well, Bowie has not come off as 'mad'. He's come off as childish and easy to goad. The poop jokes bugged me bad.

Anyway, you want quotes? Here is my favourite, after Bowie started getting insulting.

"I am being a gentleman Lord Bowie, with a bit of patience, you will get all you wish and more... A trusted ally is far better than an angry capital Duke."

And the whole copy of my first letter after his demand:

"Letter from Sevastian Guile   (10 days, 23 hours ago)

Lord Imperator,

We can save money if I transfer the capital. After having spent all my hours establishing the realm I am weary, and unable to do anything else. These damned clerks take the life out of a man.

I also gave my word to reestablish the Duchess Pike to her rightful place.

The realm is yours, just be patient and let me finish the secession duties.
Sevastian Guile
Grandmaster of Swordfell
Duke of The Courts of Stone
Viscount of Balance's Retreat"

Add-on: Swordfell seriously feels like a training realm. All the realm wide OOC stuff constantly is annoying beyond belief.

* Woelfy facepalms.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:56:28 PM by Woelfy »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404: January 20, 2013, 08:59:39 PM »
Excessive OOC messaging on Dwilight should be reported.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.