Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 181265 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #405: January 20, 2013, 09:31:56 PM »
It wasn't a republic or democracy mate. Arbiter was still King. Regardless, call Sevastian ousted all you want, it doesn't change things much.  8)

Uhm.... it was a Tyranny. That doesn't necessarily mean it was a kingdom. You're right though, it won't change much, since you're already ousted :P
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #406: January 20, 2013, 09:38:06 PM »
Uhm.... it was a Tyranny. That doesn't necessarily mean it was a kingdom. You're right though, it won't change much, since you're already ousted :P

Pffft, you're just silly. ;)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #407: January 20, 2013, 10:07:31 PM »
Pffft, you're just silly. ;)

Silly = right. Alright, good discussion.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #408: January 20, 2013, 10:10:47 PM »
Silly = right. Alright, good discussion.

Good = delusional.

;)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #409: January 20, 2013, 10:27:44 PM »

The order of events was Bowie demanding Sevastian step down within hours of secession, an obvious breach of the agreed order of events placed by the Fellish Assembly. After repeated attempts to calm Bowie and to try and get him to be patient, he threatened Sevastian's Ducal Seat and Lordship seat. That is when Sevastian dug in and refused to step down from the Ruler post....

For the record, I asked you to step down in public saying this: "Duke Sevastian, I would like to set the duchies and move the capital. Do you think you can step down before departing Flowrestown?" and in private you answered with the letter you just posted. Then I insisted with this letter:

Request from Bowie Ironsides   (16 hours, 56 minutes ago)
(Personal message to Sevastian Guile)

Duke Sevastian,

I feel sidelined in the creation of my own realm. Unfortunately, on that sentiment, this will not be an instance of me employing my patience.

I am sure there are practicalities to your resignation (such as time and energy), but I would really prefer, insist, that it is done promptly. I can handle the costs of capital transfer and the designation of the duchy. It would be ceremonial and honourable for me to do so, as is my role as ruler. If you set everything up than what good was I in all of this? I will not be a benchwarmer on the moment of my destiny.

Believe me when I say that your role is greatly appreciated, but my hands are eager to get to work themselves. I do not want to wait. Allow me my rightful position, please. My entire life has been waiting for this. All of the little check marks you need to do I will do. It is my duty to sweat the small stuff, yours to focus on our imminent capital.

For Swordfell Forever!

Bowie Ironsides
Knight of Flowrestown

To which you replied with more excuses and refusals and accusations that I was threatening your Inalienable Rights, to which after arguing, I gave you an order and ultimatum that you refused. Tough almonds!

And that, future children of Swordfell, began the Mud Crisis of the Spring of 21 YD!
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #410: January 20, 2013, 10:29:46 PM »
And in all of this, Ironsides, I have not once seen you so much as address the point that you ignored the plan that was set up ahead of time, wherein Sevastian would remain ruler for a period for the setup of the realm, and then step down later to allow Bowie to take the reins.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #411: January 20, 2013, 10:31:03 PM »
And in all of this, Ironsides, I have not once seen you so much as address the point that you ignored the plan that was set up ahead of time, wherein Sevastian would remain ruler for a period for the setup of the realm, and then step down later to allow Bowie to take the reins.

+1

Ironsides, you can spin it all you want. Facts is facts.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #412: January 20, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »
It was never planned for him to rule, only to secede and set some stuff up. I asked him to step aside so I can do the setup. Is that so wrong? We've been forging Swordfell since 2011, I wanted to get my hands in the dirt of our new garden.

His argument for the "plans" was replied with, "regardless, I'd like to do it please and thank you." He should have conceded at that.

Not to mention that he wasn't really in the plan, he just got lucky. Elbowed his way in is how I'd spin it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:35:51 PM by Ironsides »
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #413: January 20, 2013, 10:42:34 PM »
It was never planned for him to rule, only to secede and set some stuff up. I asked him to step aside so I can do the setup. Is that so wrong? We've been forging Swordfell since 2011, I wanted to get my hands in the dirt of our new garden.

His argument for the "plans" was replied with, "regardless, I'd like to do it please and thank you." He should have conceded at that.

Not to mention that he wasn't really in the plan, he just got lucky. Elbowed his way in is how I'd spin it.

It was planned for Sevastian to relocate the capital and re-establish the Duchy in Flowrestown. Bowie didn't ask, he demanded. Being an impatient and combative jerk is pretty wrong IMHO.

Exactly, Bowie's response was: "Plans? Pffft. Gimme."

And it wasn't luck that got Sevastian to the throne. It was planning and being stubborn.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #414: January 20, 2013, 10:51:49 PM »
To quote a third party in our affair:

Someone borrowed Bowie's sandbox and didn't give it back when he asked. Who cares about plans, he is medieval noble and wants his sandbox back.

It became a demand when I started to see you throw anything you could at me to refuse. First it was "the plans." Oh, you're skipping ahead of the plans, oh what about all of our iron clad rule of law plans? The Assembly didn't vote you to have that position, you got it by being stubborn and sensitive.

After I shrugged at your plans then you started accusing me of treading on your IR's and threatened to go to the Titans. So I figured, well this guy is going to great lengths it must mean he has no plans to resign at all. Because if he did, when I put him on the spot he should have just stepped down. But you didn't so I drew a line and gave you an order/ultimatum.

Point for Demon!

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #415: January 20, 2013, 11:21:46 PM »
lol

Ironsides, Bowie's letter is ridiculous.

You basically said, "Here, I've done no work– let me do work so I can take glory from you."
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #416: January 20, 2013, 11:39:08 PM »
lol

You basically said, "Here, I've done no work– let me do work so I can take glory from you."
I disagree. It's more like I have been working to forge this realm for years and the rightful ruler so I want the glory that I deserve.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #417: January 20, 2013, 11:54:50 PM »
lol

Penchant is absolutely right. Ask any other Fellish noble my involvement in creating Swordfell. Should I also remind everyone that I was ELECTED by the nobles to be the first ruler? Gee, was I tossed under the bus fast. No thanks to the brown stain!

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #418: January 21, 2013, 01:12:13 AM »
Sevastian /was/ chosen by the nobles of Swordfell to secede and create the realm. Or did you forget the entire switching allegiances fiasco? Or the vote that made BR the capital? Or the fact that Sevastian out maneuvered you and Abbigal to get the seceding duchy?

You are an absolute wonder Ironsides.

You pushed too far, and get to deal with the repercussions. Quit whining.

Penchant is absolutely right. Ask any other Fellish noble my involvement in creating Swordfell. Should I also remind everyone that I was ELECTED by the nobles to be the first ruler? Gee, was I tossed under the bus fast. No thanks to the brown stain!

Also, You weren't elected. Your character was. Please, for the love of all that is holy, start differentiating Ooc and IC. The messages in game are bad enough, but for it to start spilling over here is just sad.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:20:27 AM by Woelfy »

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #419: January 21, 2013, 02:35:29 AM »
You pushed too far, and get to deal with the repercussions. Quit whining.

Also, You weren't elected. Your character was. Please, for the love of all that is holy, start differentiating Ooc and IC. The messages in game are bad enough, but for it to start spilling over here is just sad.

You need to stop picking on the kettle, otherwise he's going to point out that you are an inner-city youth as well. Most of this thread has been a mishmash of IC/OOC flamewares. Amusing, yes...relevant, less so...making swordfell look good, not really.

So, in other news...it looks like some people are starting to join our fledgling realm. Anyone else planning on setting up shop in an interesting and dynamic republic full of proud men and passionate political discourse?
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)