Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 180870 times)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #600: February 06, 2013, 01:20:23 PM »
She could remove elections, or be replaced by someone she trusts next elections.

That first option would likely go over about as well as Rynn declaring himself the Dragon King.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #601: February 06, 2013, 01:31:52 PM »
That first option would likely go over about as well as Rynn declaring himself the Dragon King.

Hey, some dude wanted to declare Rynn Dragon King just a day or so ago.

You never know what the future holds. :P

If she's about to be ineligible for rulership elections, why not just cancel them? What'd she have to lose? She can try to tough it up just as much as Sevastian can.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #602: February 06, 2013, 02:24:07 PM »
Hey, some dude wanted to declare Rynn Dragon King just a day or so ago.

You never know what the future holds. :P

If she's about to be ineligible for rulership elections, why not just cancel them? What'd she have to lose? She can try to tough it up just as much as Sevastian can.

Except the ruler spot is a lot harder to hold against a tidal wave of negative public opinion. Ask Sevastian.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #603: February 06, 2013, 05:04:05 PM »
So is Sevastian working on overthrowing Abbigial(which he been working on for a while) be cause he is lurian and an ass or because Abbigal thretend his ducal seat(only recenlty with the exile and sence then).

Is Sevastians ducal sovernty his by oath or because he has the duchy?  Abbigal has never agreed to Sevastians version of ducal authority and that was made clear before election so there is no oath there.  Also as you have said befored Bowie broke his oath(if there was one) when he ordered Sevastian to step down.  So once again as far as swordfell is concerned there is no oath.  Which is something you have claimed for some time.

As far as elections go Abbigal would rather lose a fair election then take the option away. She has enough Honor and prestiege that she will be able to run at election time.  Also there is plenty of time to do batttles before elections.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #604: February 06, 2013, 06:02:34 PM »
So is Sevastian working on overthrowing Abbigial(which he been working on for a while) be cause he is lurian and an ass or because Abbigal thretend his ducal seat(only recenlty with the exile and sence then).

Is Sevastians ducal sovernty his by oath or because he has the duchy?  Abbigal has never agreed to Sevastians version of ducal authority and that was made clear before election so there is no oath there.  Also as you have said befored Bowie broke his oath(if there was one) when he ordered Sevastian to step down.  So once again as far as swordfell is concerned there is no oath.  Which is something you have claimed for some time.

As far as elections go Abbigal would rather lose a fair election then take the option away. She has enough Honor and prestiege that she will be able to run at election time.  Also there is plenty of time to do batttles before elections.

Sevastian has only been working on destroying Abbigal since she turned against him. The exile was a blatant move against him, and Abbigal deserves whatever Sevastian throws at him. Spin it how you want in your head, you started this fight. Sevastian is just going to be the one to finish it.

Sevastian's Ducal Sovereignty comes with his title, one you cannot remove from him. He has held his Ducal Seat longer than the duchy of Swordfell even existed. The Oaths made by Ingi and Bowie may have been broken by Bowie, but that doesn't mean that the Oaths have been made invalid. Bowie's oath was broken, so Sevastian made sure Bowie didn't get the crown. Abbigal doesn't have to agree, as she was made ruler after th fact.

Sevastian is a Duke and Councillor of the Realm no matter what.

It's called mechanics.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #605: February 06, 2013, 06:46:03 PM »
Sevastian is a Duke and Councillor of the Realm no matter what.

I don't know if I'd go that far. You and Abbigal will probably break even on the exile (meaning a 'win' for you), but imagine if Abbigal talked Deorwulf into becoming ruler and exiling you. He's got double your h/p. Or if several rulers take turns exiling you, your h/p would shrink while their loss would be spread evenly so as not to cause harm. Eventually, you'd lose your dukedom and possibly pushed all the way to outlaw. He's done good to protect himself and his interests...but hes not invincible.

As far as Shiarxon, there were some laws he broke if you read between the lines. Dueling law (since infiltrator attacks are like a 'surprise duel') and Respect law (since it is disrespectful to intentionally walk up on people in their underwear sleeping). The real kicker was him admitting to it. I thought the first rule of infiltrator actions was plausible deniability?
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #606: February 06, 2013, 07:03:22 PM »
I don't know if I'd go that far. You and Abbigal will probably break even on the exile (meaning a 'win' for you), but imagine if Abbigal talked Deorwulf into becoming ruler and exiling you. He's got double your h/p. Or if several rulers take turns exiling you, your h/p would shrink while their loss would be spread evenly so as not to cause harm. Eventually, you'd lose your dukedom and possibly pushed all the way to outlaw. He's done good to protect himself and his interests...but hes not invincible.

As far as Shiarxon, there were some laws he broke if you read between the lines. Dueling law (since infiltrator attacks are like a 'surprise duel') and Respect law (since it is disrespectful to intentionally walk up on people in their underwear sleeping). The real kicker was him admitting to it. I thought the first rule of infiltrator actions was plausible deniability?

If it comes down to multiple rulers exiling Sevastian, he will simply change allegiance. The Courts of Stone belong to him.

Reading between the lines shouldn't be necessary, particularly when a well known infil is operating within kingdom borders.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #607: February 06, 2013, 08:07:25 PM »
If reading between the lines is unesaceary then why are you playing.  Just about every thing you do and the way you work out of things is reaeding betwwn the lines.

Once again I call bull!@#$.  Sevastian has ben working to destroy Abbigial since a bit after she was elected and would not bow down to sevastian. 

I will admit the exile was a blatent move against sevastian and his ducal seat.  Yet as you have argued before it was caused by Sevastians actions.  A ruler can only take so much ploting against before they have hd enough and act against the person. For someone who keeps on quoting SMA I would hope you would understand that.

Also why don't you stop saying Sevastian can just switc aliainces when you have no attenton of doing so.  It is foolish to make such an empty threat.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:11:29 PM by Pike »

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #608: February 06, 2013, 09:10:56 PM »

I promise I will stab you next time I come to Dwilight only for failing to spell my name right all the time.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #609: February 06, 2013, 09:41:14 PM »
If reading between the lines is unesaceary then why are you playing.  Just about every thing you do and the way you work out of things is reaeding betwwn the lines.

Once again I call bull!@#$.  Sevastian has ben working to destroy Abbigial since a bit after she was elected and would not bow down to sevastian. 

I will admit the exile was a blatent move against sevastian and his ducal seat.  Yet as you have argued before it was caused by Sevastians actions.  A ruler can only take so much ploting against before they have hd enough and act against the person. For someone who keeps on quoting SMA I would hope you would understand that.

Also why don't you stop saying Sevastian can just switc aliainces when you have no attenton of doing so.  It is foolish to make such an empty threat.

Sevastian doesn't read between the lines. Quite the opposite. He's been direct and to the point about everything, and had used better wording to explain his side. That doesn't mean he's reading between the lines.

Abbigal did nothing but confront Sevastian and then started moving against him by offering infils a bounty on him. Don't try to bull!@#$ me Pike.

I understand the exile, it was a rash and selfish move made out of fear. I might've done the same thing had I been in your shoes, but most likely not.

There are a ton of ways to effectively get Sevastian, I don't know why you felt to put your character in a lose-lose listustion. Exile should have been an absolute last ditch effort.

What do you mean no intention of doing so? If it gets bad enough? You are damn right I will leave Swordfell. Some of the !@#$ going on is retarded, pardon the terminology. BR belongs to House Guile, and Sevastian will keep it safely so for as long as possible. It's part of his rp life.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #610: February 06, 2013, 10:37:22 PM »
I promise I will stab you next time I come to Dwilight only for failing to spell my name right all the time.

Give me time and maybe I'll accumulate a nice bounty for you. I am sorry, though. I should read more carefully.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #611: February 06, 2013, 11:17:54 PM »
Sevastian doesn't read between the lines. Quite the opposite. He's been direct and to the point about everything, and had used better wording to explain his side. That doesn't mean he's reading between the lines.

Abbigal did nothing but confront Sevastian and then started moving against him by offering infils a bounty on him. Don't try to bull!@#$ me Pike.

I understand the exile, it was a rash and selfish move made out of fear. I might've done the same thing had I been in your shoes, but most likely not.

There are a ton of ways to effectively get Sevastian, I don't know why you felt to put your character in a lose-lose listustion. Exile should have been an absolute last ditch effort.

What do you mean no intention of doing so? If it gets bad enough? You are damn right I will leave Swordfell. Some of the !@#$ going on is retarded, pardon the terminology. BR belongs to House Guile, and Sevastian will keep it safely so for as long as possible. It's part of his rp life.

Sevastian does to read between the lines as that is where he finds the loop holes.  For example the only reason he did not break a law with founding of the military is because while the group had agreed to it there was no law and it was not specifically written down.

Also he has sever times broken the laws of respect by the way he treats others yet has managed to find some loophole so nothing is being done.

The offer of placing the bounties was done I believe about at or the same time as the exile.  Also Sevastian has been confrontational the whole time since Swordfell was founded.  So how can it be faulted when the ruler finally gets fed up.

How is Abbigal losing on the exile.  She has just as much honor and prestige as when the exile started.  The only way she might have lost is with people that do not agree with her exiling Sevastian.  So where is the Loss?

I thought it would be obvious what I mean by you have no intention to make Sevastian leave.  Sevastian has more then once claimed he is not doing so and would rather stick around just to be a pain to Abbigal.    Abbigal would be happy if you took BR away.  Also Sevastian is the only one who claims BR is his and that it will remain that way which he does by ownership.  Realms and treaties say other wise.

So lets sit back and enjoy the show.  From the look of things no body is going anywhere and things will only heat up.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #612: February 06, 2013, 11:30:16 PM »
On a separate note, Bowie Ironsides is being considered to be made Regent of D'hara until his daughter can take the throne.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #613: February 06, 2013, 11:33:20 PM »
On a separate note, Bowie Ironsides is being considered to be made Regent of D'hara until his daughter can take the throne.
Now that would be nice to see.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #614: February 06, 2013, 11:42:26 PM »
Now that would be nice to see.
I will wait to give any real details until more people respond.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton