Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 181257 times)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #630: February 07, 2013, 01:41:50 AM »
Ive never said he is always right about anything, in fact I've been quite accepting of the things I've done wrong.

The difference is I don't dwell on it. It's better to look forward than back.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #631: February 07, 2013, 03:56:19 AM »
... in fact I've been quite accepting of the things I've done wrong.

Have you been reading your own letters? This is an overstatement if I've ever read one.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #632: February 07, 2013, 07:26:31 AM »
My character will of course defend his own actions. He admits a few faults now and then.

I as a player am happy to list them. That's what I'm saying Ironsides, Ffs.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #633: February 07, 2013, 09:23:02 AM »
Crush all Lurians! Crush them all!

I never understood why Morek always insisted on having friendly relations with the Lurias who can obviously do no more harm to them than a few interesting skirmishes. So much wasted potential...

You know, I have to give credit to whoever made you hate Luria so much. I feel like a Canadian who hears mention of his own country. No matter the opinion, it feels great.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #634: February 07, 2013, 10:00:42 AM »
I never understood why Morek always insisted on having friendly relations with the Lurias who can obviously do no more harm to them than a few interesting skirmishes. So much wasted potential...

Of course you didn't. It's not like we lay out our plans for all to see.

Did you not notice that Luria has become a SA province by now?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #635: February 07, 2013, 12:43:21 PM »
Of course you didn't. It's not like we lay out our plans for all to see.

Did you not notice that Luria has become a SA province by now?

Of course I did. But so what? You could have had a secular war, that might even have hasted the conversion.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #636: February 08, 2013, 01:31:52 AM »
Of course I did. But so what? You could have had a secular war, that might even have hasted the conversion.
conversion by the cup and open hand are considered the best options when possible.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #637: February 08, 2013, 03:22:05 AM »
conversion by the cup and open hand are considered the best options when possible.

The Sword is the most fun though!
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #638: February 08, 2013, 03:33:59 AM »
The Sword is the most fun though!
I can't argue against that but I am not the one in charge. And scheming/planning can be quite fun too which, if done properly, can affect recruiting or be the recruiting in some way.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #639: February 08, 2013, 03:41:28 AM »
Silly Chénier. While Machiavel's been imagining a world where Morek might attack Luria, cordial relations and multiple treaties have been signed spanning the rule of three different Grandmasters. There's the world as it is, and as one imagines it. Luria is the living in the former.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640: February 08, 2013, 04:02:38 AM »
Silly Solari. You think so small.

The goal is not to see the world as it is, but to make the world into how one imagines it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #641: February 08, 2013, 04:11:58 AM »
Silly Solari. You think so small.

The goal is not to see the world as it is, but to make the world into how one imagines it.

DAMNIT. XD

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #642: February 08, 2013, 04:26:08 AM »
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #643: February 10, 2013, 02:12:28 AM »
It was a purely OOC comment. Yea, all Morekian rulers have been friendly-friendly with the Lurias. I'm not denying this. But why? Why, when you are so strong, and have so many allies, block the possibility of hostile interaction with a foreign block that poses no threat while still being able to put up a fight. I mean, if it had been me, I'd have seen no point in getting any relations with the Lurias whatsoever, it'd have kept doors open for me should I have needed a distraction to keep my nobles busy.

I have a really hard time understanding what Morek has to gain by being friendly to the Lurias. Had they been more aggressive, some Lurians might have been tempted to convert just to avert invasion. Or some of them might have been pissed and taken measures against Morek: an excuse to beat 'em up, support astroist factions, or otherwise impose astromancy.

Or anything, really. The Lurias don't have any friends, it's not like they could have mounted up a coalition against Morek. Not one able to threaten it, at least.

Just seems to me like making more friends than necessary is just as bad as making more foes than necessary. One needs a balance. Sure there must be stuff I'm unaware of, but it seems like a lot of people were boring themselves in the North for quite some time at one point, gotta wonder why this avenue wasn't pursued.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #644: February 10, 2013, 02:21:19 AM »
Or anything, really. The Lurias don't have any friends, it's not like they could have mounted up a coalition against Morek.

What are you blabbing on about? Where do you get this stuff?
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus