Author Topic: What makes a good BM religion?  (Read 33229 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: What makes a good BM religion?
« Reply #90: January 21, 2013, 01:40:44 PM »
Because I can't even count the number of suggestions that have been made over the years, by various people, to improve the religion game.

I can't count the number of really dumb suggestions for all parts of the game that have been made. Some of them over and over again, without regard for the obvious exploits or the detriments to other parts of the game.

Just because people want something to be a certain way doesn't mean that way will be better. I can't speak for Canada, but if you asked every American if they would rather pay no taxes, you'd get a vast majority saying "yes", despite what that would mean for government and services. People are not always the best judges of what changes are best, because they don't think things through.

Furthermore, I am not in the least convinced that the primary reason that religion has problems catching on well in BM is the guild-based structure of religions. In fact, I already laid out what I think the only way is to make religion feel close to as important as it was in the real world, and not so much just like stories that our players made up, and it has very little to do with the hierarchical structure.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan