Author Topic: Army War Chest Options  (Read 10942 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Army War Chest Options
« Reply #15: January 17, 2013, 04:52:37 PM »
Why even have a warchest then?

I thought the goal of a war-chest was to transfer costs of supporting units to the sponsor from the knights.

If repairs cost 40 gold without a war chest, why would I want to pay a total of 60 gold, just so that my knights only have to pay 20 gold?

Can you re-run your math for me? I get you paying 40 gold and your knight paying 20 gold.

I think IF such a feature was in place, I'd definitely want to know about it because I'd stop using war chests immediately. They're essentially counter productive.

Right, because there's absolutely no benefit to a feature that allows a single wealthy noble—who can stay in his region the entire time if desired—to pick up the tab for an entire army, simply because it costs more to do so than it would to painstakingly transfer all the money required to each of the nobles in question ahead of time (never mind calculating who would need how much).
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan