Author Topic: Army War Chest Options  (Read 10939 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Army War Chest Options
« Reply #15: January 17, 2013, 04:57:25 PM »
Can you re-run your math for me? I get you paying 40 gold and your knight paying 20 gold.

That's correct. Instead of 40 gold for the knight 0 for me.

Its 40 gold for me, 20 gold for the knight with a total of 60 gold.

Right, because there's absolutely no benefit to a feature that allows a single wealthy noble—who can stay in his region the entire time if desired—to pick up the tab for an entire army, simply because it costs more to do so than it would to painstakingly transfer all the money required to each of the nobles in question ahead of time (never mind calculating who would need how much).

There is *A* benefit from doing so. However, if a realm is seeking the absolute most efficient method of gold utilization for maximum army strength, they would never use a warchest. Instead, the proper method would be to evenly spread out gold to nobles as needed prior to a campaign such that they can afford the costs ahead of time.

I realize that takes more time to calculate what nobles need, but it is also not unheard of. Realms such as Aurvandil have taken very precise methods of ensuring maximum army strength through extreme cooperation.

For new features, we have to consider that this very well could happen, not just that a normal realm wouldn't do it. I certainly would make sure to implement it while making zero use of the warchest should such be implemented. I'd much rather my gold be used efficiently if I plan to fight a 6 month to 2 year real life war, where gold becomes an issue long term. This is also much more reasonable to use the war chest assuming an abundance of nobles (ie. a lot of players). However, the current game state lacks players, so efficiency is paramount.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."