Author Topic: Margrave of Capital asks all priests to change class  (Read 12859 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
I don't believe this is fair at all.

It is not uncommon for the losing side of a discussion, case or even dice roll to believe the process was unfair. The vitriol contained in your response alone makes me doubt your points are entirely rational and unbiased.

Yes, there is not much of a system behind all of this. BM is a game, not a court of law. This is about a game, not about throwing someone into a cell for years. The process should reflect that.

So far, most complaints against Magistrate cases were that they took too long. Complaints that they are judging too quickly have been rare. In light of that, and given the fact that every rule is another opportunity for rules-lawyers to abuse the process, I will not make an official statement regarding any timeframes, except in vague terms such as "appropriate".
Don't forget that any judgement can also be overturned if new evidence suddenly appears. But we can't wait forever for that to happen.

As for magistrate selection, it is obvious you are oblivious to the way the magistrates were chosen. You might want to read up on that and then reconsider your statement.