Author Topic: Religion Feature Request: Report Heresy  (Read 8246 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Religion Feature Request: Report Heresy
« Topic Start: January 19, 2013, 09:01:24 PM »
This situation could be prevented. Only allow religions with, say, at least 6 elders (thus at least 3 priests) to use this feature. Tiny religions just aren't influential enough to hurt the reputations of powerful nobles. Only allow a person to report a message as heresy once every week, to prevent system-spamming (or create a penalty for frequent reporting). Another option, and one I dislike, would be to limit how frequently reported messages can be ruled heretical. This could be a hard cap, which creates problems of how to resolve the "waiting list" of messages, or some kind of penalty for frequent declarations: if you declare lots of things heretical, then peasants will start abandoning your religion as it gets too restrictive.
I am not sure where you get the idea that you can only have twice as many elders as you do priests but I don't believe that to be true. H/P hits could still happen with smaller religions it would just be a smaller hit, with hits being proportional to the size of the religion. Honestly I don't like the idea of prestige hits as someone being declared a heretic would make them more known and perhaps more prestigious.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton