Author Topic: How many mages we got?  (Read 10647 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: How many mages we got?
« Reply #15: January 31, 2013, 02:50:27 PM »
Also, the effects apparently increase the more scrolls that are used at once. I'm not sure what the progression is, but the impression I have is that it is not linear. Tom certainly made it sound like they have the potential to go nuclear. From what I can recall reading in the thread where he introduced them, there was a certain expectation that realms might start hording them in a sort of arms race. Personally I can't wait for someone to use a whole bunch of them at once, just to see what happens. OOC of course. My character would be horrified at the thought.

I just took a look at the database and the number of scrolls available (globally) should be high enough that if they were all used within the same rough area, you could pretty much kiss everything in those regions and their immediate neighbours goodbye. Mind you, that's just a wild guess, I've not run any numbers. What I'm saying is that you don't need 1000 scrolls to nuke someone. One or two certainly won't do more than hurt a little, but with something like a dozen scrolls, you can do dramatic damage, I think.