Author Topic: New Common class, paraphernalia, solo things and other  (Read 3337 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

I faintly remember once reading something on the Dlist, maybe, about adventurers having different classes. And someone said something like, "A commoner can call himself whatever he wants." Well, there are differences between smiths and farmers, but no one can actually play those types of characters. Adventurers are, well, adventurers. They go out hunting stuff, scavenging, making a living off what they can get on the great journey of life.

So the options are already limited as they are by the archetype of adventurer. It's also not helped much that the only relevant skills are swordfighting and adventuring. The adventuring aspect can be imagined many different ways, and it is then up to one's own imagination to fill in the various gear and the different places the adventurer encounters.

As for swordfighting, that might be due to the expenses of having a bow and arrow with which to fight on a regular basis. There's no way to make arrows right now, and that might be a bit strange to code for combat. What would determine how many arrows you used? There is no doubt in my mind that at least one player out there thinks all his characters are super-strong epic grandmasters or have some equally stupid idea, who would find the idea of his adventurer using even one arrow to slay the ultimate dragon of legendary evil insulting. Unfortunately, for some people it seems that no matter what the game says, they seek to assert their own interpretations no matter what.

But back on the subject of adventurers. Right now, an adventurer is supposed to roam around hunting monsters and undead, and scavenging for stuff. They can meet sages and wizards along their journeys, gaining items and scrolls if they have the right items in exchange. At this time, there is nothing coded to my knowledge regarding other skills, such as farming, any type of manufacturing, fishing, or any other type of work that you might find on a Facebook game.